Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Desert Eagle

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
iqbal
resigned as a member

Reged: 05/02/03
Loc: Karachi,Pakistan
Desert Eagle
      #2387 - 16/04/03 03:21 AM

I have been using a Colt Python in 357 mag.but the other day a friend brought a dseert eagle and i tried it out.I was truly amazed at the accuracy and most of all the absence of recoil.Believe me it was like shooting a .22 as far as recoil is concerned.Its a big gun and a bit ugly but definately worth trying out.
Anybody used it?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bigfive
Sponsor

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Freestate,South-Africa
Re: Desert Eagle [Re: iqbal]
      #2398 - 17/04/03 06:26 PM

No never even held one.I'm in the market for a 454Casull at the moment but they are expensive here in South Africa.
My self defence weapon that I usually carry with me here is a CZ75.9mmPara.It is a great weapon and has never let me down.I shoot very accurate with it and I have shot warthogs with it before and birds offcourse.I take it with me whenever I hunt smaller animals such as bushpig,bushbuck,warthogs etc cause if I'm in a situation where the bush is very thick and I have to follow a wounded animal the handgun work much easier.I have 16 rounds to fire rapidly and accurately within a couple of seconds.But want to get a bigger calibre hand gun.

--------------------
"Hunting is a way of life"
Bigfive,South Africa

Bigfive
Sponsor

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Freestate,South-Africa
      #2399 - 17/04/03 06:26 PM

No never even held one.I'm in the market for a 454Casull at the moment but they are expensive here in South Africa.
My self defence weapon that I usually carry with me here is a CZ75.9mmPara.It is a great weapon and has never let me down.I shoot very accurate with it and I have shot warthogs with it before and birds offcourse.I take it with me whenever I hunt smaller animals such as bushpig,bushbuck,warthogs etc cause if I'm in a situation where the bush is very thick and I have to follow a wounded animal the handgun work much easier.I have 16 rounds to fire rapidly and accurately within a couple of seconds.But want to get a bigger calibre hand gun.!!!

--------------------
"Hunting is a way of life"
Bigfive,South Africa

SafariHunt
.333 member

Reged: 02/01/03
Loc: Pretoria RSA
      #2660 - 06/05/03 08:39 PM

I have shot one shot with the .50 caliber and yes must say no recoil compared to a hot load with a 357 mag. I suppose it's the weight but I would also like to get a 454 Casull me and big five did see a nice one at te gun show a while back.

For self defense I carry a Vektor CP1 9mm and it is also very accurate haven't shot anyhting with it yet but on paper it sure prints close to each other.

--------------------
"Sleeping under the African sky I can see nothing wrong with this world!"

Aloysius
.224 member

Reged: 10/10/05
      #38992 - 11/10/05 02:48 AM

Just picked up a DE .50 with satin nickel finish. I'm going to the range tomorrow for the first firing. I can't wait!! A friend of mine that has one said the recoil isn't too bad. The only thing he's fired that he feels is painful is a .475 Linebaugh.

Taos
.300 member

Reged: 09/05/04
Loc: Nevada, U.S.A.
Re: Desert Eagle [Re: Aloysius]
      #39005 - 11/10/05 08:00 AM

The .475 is actually quite pleasant to shoot in a single action. I spent some time with Linebaugh when I lived in Wy. and shot his .475 a bunch. It was on a Ruger Bisley frame and so accurate it was scary. I never could afford one but I haf a .45 on a Seville frame that was all the handgun I will ever need for ANYTHING. A wll made .475 is not painfull to shoot in a single action at all for what my 2 bits is worth.

Pablo
.224 member

Reged: 09/04/05
      #39488 - 22/10/05 10:06 AM

Yes, 'Fast Guns' let me shoot his. Yep, it makes an excellent paperweight but it's way too heavy for me!

Pablo
.224 member

Reged: 09/04/05
      #40056 - 30/10/05 01:56 AM

PS. Heck, the .357 version is not that heavy, but a bit too 'Kosher' for my taste buds. I prefer 'Organic'. The name "Desert Vulture" seems more appropirate.

Edited by Pablo (30/10/05 01:59 AM)

KMan
.224 member

Reged: 24/06/06
Loc: Sweden
Re: Desert Eagle [Re: Pablo]
      #63318 - 02/10/06 06:09 AM

Absolutely true regarding recoil. I fired a couple of fistfuls of .44mag through both a Desert Eagle and a Ruger revolver a while back. The Ruger was painful while the DE was a treat. No prob to fire quite rapid followups accurately at 50 yards as well.
Funniest thing was that I almost couldn't operate the slide. Those dual recoilsprings sure put up a fight You need big hands as well as the grip is big!

A friend of mine who owned a .357 DE claimed it was quite unreliable though. Gas-operated and all it hasn't got the simplest of mechanisms.

cadjak
.224 member

Reged: 14/01/05
Re: Desert Eagle [Re: KMan]
      #66243 - 03/12/06 03:46 AM

I own an Israeli D.E. .44mag with an extra .357 upper. I took a lot of ribbing about the gun, but it never jammed in either caliber, and is remarkably accurate with lots of different jacketed loads. Having said that, it's not a gun I pick up for a quick afternoon of plinking. I have a lot of other handguns that I shoot more regularly. My D.E. became a safe queen a few years back. Reading this thread made me think about what a fun gun it was/is.

Louhikaarme
.224 member

Reged: 01/02/08
Loc: Finland
Re: Desert Eagle [Re: cadjak]
      #114187 - 11/09/08 05:59 PM

Hi
I also have DE TG-TS .50AE and it functions perfectly accuracy is really good.
Workmanship is good and overall quality excellent.

--------------------
distance of one km takes 2,2 seconds

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4065

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com