Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Illegal stocking

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Fishing

Pages: 1
AdamTayler
.375 member

Reged: 22/03/04
Loc: B.C.
Illegal stocking
      #23820 - 10/01/05 05:05 AM

Some jerks have introduced non-native spiny rayed fish: small and largemouth bass, black crappies, pumpkinseed sunfish, and yellow perch to lakes here in B.C. and have ruined the stocks of kokanee, rainbow and brook trout. The damage may be irreversible as the gov't no longer has the capability to rehab lakes using pesticides. Do others have this kind of problem in their neck of the woods?

--------------------
It's the journey, not the destination.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Marrakai
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: Darwin, Top End of Australia
Re: Illegal stocking [Re: AdamTayler]
      #23930 - 11/01/05 10:48 PM

Here in Oz, its carp, mate, BLOODY CARP! They really know how to stuff a waterway. In the north, where presumably its too hot for carp, some dunce has released cichlids which do the same bloody thing!

Hat's off to the guys at Lake Tinaroo, though, they released barramundi into the dam a decade or so back, and it has now produced several consecutive world record fish!

--------------------
Marrakai
When the bull drops, the bullshit stops!
--------------------------------
www.marrakai-adventure.com.au

DPhillips
.375 member

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Alaska
Re: Illegal stocking [Re: AdamTayler]
      #24095 - 14/01/05 11:29 AM

Some kneecap put pike in a bunch of lakes on the Kenai Peninsula. Has devastated the rainbow trout, dolly vardon, and does damage during spawning runs by salmon. Pike are common to interior lakes but not in the southern Alaska lakes.

coues
.275 member

Reged: 04/03/03
Re: Illegal stocking [Re: DPhillips]
      #24099 - 14/01/05 12:55 PM

Lakes here in AZ have had nothern pike and several other species placed into them, where they should not be. Crayfish as well.

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: Illegal stocking [Re: coues]
      #24327 - 17/01/05 08:44 AM

We've got a bunch of Morons putting Bass, Perch, Carp, Crappies, Pike and even eels in our lakes and rivers. The Bass are the worst, put in everywhere and eating everything.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

Edited by mickey (17/01/05 08:47 AM)

luv2safari
.400 member

Reged: 09/11/03
Loc: United States
Re: Illegal stocking [Re: mickey]
      #34773 - 17/07/05 03:56 PM

Northern Pike were placed in Davis Lake and Frenchman's Lake, California not too far from Reno (NV). They had devastated the trout fishing. It appears that poisoning has had only limited success in removing them. There are big worries that these pike will find their way down through the Sacramento River system and further damage the almost ruined Pacific salmon runs. I wish the upper Midwest mental cases who brought these eating machines would get good and drunk, fall overboard and breath in big gulps of water...then feed the crayfish!!

--------------------
Hunt with Class and Classics

Edited by luv2safari (17/07/05 03:58 PM)

AspenHill
Sponsor

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Vermont, USA
Re: Illegal stocking [Re: luv2safari]
      #35180 - 29/07/05 03:55 AM

luv2,

Ahem, more than likely your lakes were stocked by left coaster weenies who WENT to the midwest for a pike trip and decided rather than having to go that far they would just bring them "home".

Anyway, lucky for all of you pike are excellent to eat as are crawfish. Chow down and clean your lakes out! Pike are easily caught on spoons. Go git 'em.

--------------------
~Ann

Everyday spent outdoors is the best day of my life.

Aspen Hill Adventures

Rell
.375 member

Reged: 03/12/04
Loc: Oyster Bay, NY, USA
Re: Illegal stocking [Re: AspenHill]
      #44214 - 17/12/05 09:36 AM

I have a lake on my farm in quebec it's all private access, I own the 1200 acres around it. It used to be a great little brook trout lake, we call them red trout.

Some ass put small mouths in. I actually cuaght him trying to put pike in years later. We ended up in a brawl. He and his brother spent a days weeks in the hospital. I spent 3 hours in jail untill my lawyer bailed me out. Luckally they managed to get a few shots in and I had a pair of black eyes. Otherwise I would have been facing ansult charge.

I ended up being a bastard in my own way I stocked it with browns. I know have 3-4 pound browns that are hard as hell to catch, but they keep that bass down at least.

--------------------
450-400, 9.3x74r and 7x65r.

luv2safari
.400 member

Reged: 09/11/03
Loc: United States
Re: Illegal stocking [Re: Rell]
      #44250 - 17/12/05 02:49 PM

Too bad about the brooks! My favorite boyhood lake near Reno, just over the line in CA was a fantastic brookie lake, but the new owners, relatives of the former owners, have now made it a catch and release rainbow factory.

I like to eat a bit of what I catch... ...and I like brookies.

I hope you broke some noses, at least!

--------------------
Hunt with Class and Classics

Peterb
.333 member

Reged: 07/07/04
Re: Illegal stocking [Re: luv2safari]
      #49165 - 04/02/06 04:41 PM

Last time through Reno, I was checked at the Cal state line to see if I had caught any pike and where. Sad. Don't know of any in Oregon yet, but Diamond Lake has had chubs put in that idiots use for trout fishing. The lake is being poisoned again this fall.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2966

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com