Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Walther TPH

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Walther TPH
      #237862 - 16/11/13 06:00 AM

visit my local dealer today because he had get some guns from a estate and in special a Walther TPH in 22 lr.
well, was a little bit surprised when seeing the gun, it came with another PPK in 38 acp and a PPK/S in 32 acp all engraved in Suhl.

I have to say that I dont have any confidense in the situation of privat handgun ownership here. two school shootings in a week what heaven may forbid and we get a handgun law like in great britain. I dont wish to invest any money in what is a dead horse in my mind so my only current handgun is a common Walther PPK. dont think I will buy the engraved TPH here but having it for some time to try it on the range.

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Re: Walther TPH [Re: lancaster]
      #238603 - 03/12/13 11:00 AM

Those might be nice collectibles, but my own experience with 22 lr (not the various rimless calibers) with both the TPH and the PPK / PPK/S was very bad. Every pistol that I tried was a jam-o-matic in 22 lr. PErhaps, someone needs to buy these up and export them to the USA. There are collectors who will buy every one of these here.

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: Walther TPH [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #238621 - 03/12/13 07:30 PM

its a problem with most 22 lr pistols and you have to look for a brand it will work. they dont work with standard velocity ammo anyway so HV ammo is a must. we have made 150 rounds last week and two boxes were without problems but the last - RWS HV had some jams.

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Edited by lancaster (03/12/13 07:35 PM)

HistoricBore
.300 member

Reged: 28/09/11
Loc: United Kingdom
      #238634 - 03/12/13 11:31 PM

Back in the good old days I had a Walther PP Sport with 8 inch barrel that I put thousands of rounds through without a problem. I now have a Colt Woodsman Match Target which is VERY choosy about its ammo, but works well with selected brands; it loves Blazer for some reason. Hates Eley - too waxy. But I have always liked the look and feel of the TPH!

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Walther TPH [Re: HistoricBore]
      #238637 - 03/12/13 11:52 PM

Very pretty!

I hope Germany does not succumb to the no handgun laws of the UK. With these sorts of laws, it becomes a domino reaction.

We've had Mk1 of anti-handgun legislation here, with short barrels and larger calibres mostly banned. And we can only have them for target shooting as it is.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
      #238815 - 06/12/13 01:37 PM

Lancaster,

Fully with you on the standard Vs HV 22 ammo problem. A long time ago, when I was into formal UIT match shooting, I remember how much trouble we had with Eley Pistol Match ammo not cycling in our club Walther GSPs and some individually owned Haemmerlis. We had to switch to Tenex for our pistols as well in order to stay competitive. It was difficult at a time when India had severe new restrictions on gun and ammunition imports (they have only gotten worse since then).

That said, among the old German blowback pistols, I like the Ortgies and the Mauser HSc best, though, of course, that is only a personal opinion. Would like to buy one of each of these old pistols to add to my gunsafe - PPK and TPH included. I have a pleasant retirement ahead.

Good hunting!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5387

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com