Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Newly completed Dorleac & Dorleac .318 Mauser sporter

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Forum Photos & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
375Brno
.333 member

Reged: 18/10/05
Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Re: Newly completed Dorleac & Dorleac .318 Mauser sporter [Re: hillbillybear]
      #242926 - 23/02/14 09:50 AM

Dorleac
As others have said. A great rifle.
I would be interested in your thinking re the stock design when it comes to a gun that can be used with or without scope. How do you calculate that compromise.
Thanks
Rick

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dumprat
.300 member

Reged: 20/02/14
Loc: Vancouver island bc.
Re: Newly completed Dorleac & Dorleac .318 Mauser sporter [Re: 375Brno]
      #242927 - 23/02/14 10:25 AM

Beautiful work! I love the front sight.

But he may have a lot of trouble working the safety. Usually they are changed out to a two position side or a model 70 style. T

DORLEAC
.333 member

Reged: 22/01/12
Loc: Perpignan, France
Re: Newly completed Dorleac & Dorleac .318 Mauser sporter [Re: Dumprat]
      #242943 - 23/02/14 07:58 PM

Thank you to all, friends,

Never forget that when we build a rifle we closely follow the customer instructions even if we apply them in our own style.
About the safety, indeed, we had preferred to use our own side swing system but the client insisted on the traditional Mauser flag as he plans to use that rifle mainly with open sights, the scope being an addendum for long range shots only.
To reply at some comments, when we mount an optic on an hand made claw mount we prefer to get the widest space between rings and we have found that blending front mount plate an rear sight on a single unit cleans and lightens the fitting.
As to the stock, it's difficult to combine a perfect fit for the two kind of sighting but having made now many such rifles we have succeed in designing a stock that is typical of our making and solves the greatest part of circle squaring (!)
The main trouble with US customers is the short LOP that makes difficult the elegant design of the rear stock, but we try to bypass the trouble in balancing all measurements.
However, I owe to the true to say that, when a rifle is fully completed, we are never fully satisfied with the result, and that always we hope to do the next one better.
Sorry for my bad written English, but it's certainly more understandable than my perfect French!

All the best.

DORLEAC
www.dorleac-dorleac.com

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 24085

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com