Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Will this mount fit?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Pages: 1
kumpe
.224 member

Reged: 18/04/13
Loc: Sweden
Will this mount fit?
      #236208 - 29/09/13 03:49 AM

Today I bought some kind of side mount that according to the seller is for a Mannlicher Schönauer 1950. I just took a chance, I own a 1910 and I don't even know if I ever want a scope on it, but you rarely see these mounts on the second-hand market in Sweden, and it didn't cost that much so I took a chance and bought it without even knowing if it will fit.
So my question is, will it fit? I have already figured out that it won't fit without some serious alterations, but has anyone fit this kind of mount on an older M/S at all? Can anyone tell me anything else about this mount? Manufacturer, cost? Can't find much info on google...
Here's a picture of it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Igorrock
.400 member

Reged: 01/03/07
Loc: Finland
Re: Will this mount fit? [Re: kumpe]
      #236209 - 29/09/13 04:21 AM

I have seen many of these mounted in older Husqvarnas and SAKO Mausers. The fit to Mannlicher Schönauer depends very much which profile the lower part i.e. the monting part has. The only way to find out that is just test it.

--------------------
http://promaakari.wordpress.com/

xausa
.400 member

Reged: 07/03/07
Loc: Tennessee, USA
Re: Will this mount fit? [Re: kumpe]
      #236211 - 29/09/13 05:46 AM

I believe that's a side mount sold by AKAH/Albrecht Kind GmbH in Germany. It positions the scope unnecessarily high, causing problems with the comb of the stock being too low, resulting in lack of support for the shooter's face. I have one on a Husqvarna Mauser I bought some time ago but seldom use for that reason,

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1774

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com