Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Administration non response.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

General >> Help desk - IT tips, queries & info

Pages: 1
VonGruff
.400 member

Reged: 08/02/09
Loc: South Otago, New Zealand.
Administration non response.
      #233710 - 07/08/13 01:19 PM

I have had a couple of guys tell me they have had no response from the administration.
One was registered and can not log on and when I bought it to the admin's notice, I got a very delayed acknowledgment of the contact but nothing seems to have improved.
Another friend has registered and has had no activation email so can not get access either. Potential members who may have lots to offer may be lost to the forum through the lacklustre responses to contact and or registration attempts.

--------------------
Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: Administration non response. [Re: VonGruff]
      #233711 - 07/08/13 01:20 PM

Suggest you send a pm with the above to NitroX
and a few of the Moderators.

Just in case they don't see this.

And I think NitroX was away for a while.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Administration non response. [Re: 500Nitro]
      #233714 - 07/08/13 06:44 PM

Yes it can take a long time to get to new member problems, login requests, password requests, people wanting their email addresses changed for them, etc etc.

One of those you are referring to, I replied to you by PM advising the member was using a space in his login name, which would not work. I just checked and and I received an email on the 27th of July, and he is asking me to sign him up manually. I highlighted the email for action. I note he is STILL using a space in his login in the manual application request.

I am signing him up manually with the necessary changes as I type this, to finally solve the problem.

EDIT:
Actually I am not. I requested the persons email address in the same PM as it was better for a search. I just checked the email address on the register and he is already a member. His email address is already registered. The system will not allow the same email address to be used twice. A message is displayed on the screen when someone tries to do this. The member registered on the 18th of August 2012, and was last logged on on the 3rd of February 2013!

I will email him his information. And PM you with them.

Maybe you are referring to one or two other persons? Please PM me FULL info:, name, email address, login name etc. Thanks.

New productive members are valued.

But people should note the following:

1. Remember to click on the I AGREE box when signing up for membership. It won't work otherwise, which should be obvious as a message will pop up on the screen when finishing the signup process. SIMPLE.

2. Use only alpha-numeric characters in the login.

I have been asked a number of occasions what "alpha-numeric" is when people claim they can't get membership forms to work?

English language letters and the numbers 0 to 9 ....

3. Appropriate comments ARE REQUIRED in the Bio when applying showing why the prospective member is interested in joining the NE forums.

We get far more spammer requests every day than real member applications. Especially from the free online email addresses such as gmail. This is one way we determine real people from spammers. If they can write a simple comment or two, about their interest in guns, hunting etc. It doesn't have to be an essay.

4. Email addresses. It is a REQUIREMENT of all members to use a valid working email address for their membership and membership application. And for continuing members as well.

Don't put john@NOSPAMnitroexpress.com as an email address. It won't work. And if an registered email address is later edited to do this, we will edit it again or delete the membership. We don't spam anyone!

Email addresses do not have to be public. There are two email addresses in the members MY HOME section. One is for admin/forum use. One is public. The publicly available one is NOT required.

Keep email addresses up to date for continuing members. We and I mean "I" occasionally get requests from previous members asking for their email addresses to be changed by me. I will do this if necessary, but it will take some time, and sometimes gets missed out. It is important to keep an email up to date especially if someone forgets their password.

4b. Email addresses registered only once.

A member may only have one membership per email address. If the person tries to register a second time, the application will fail, and a message will be displayed on the screen.

A person may only have ONE membership of NE, unless they request to have more than one by asking me at NE. They must use a new email address however for this to work.

It can be legitimate to have more than one membership. For example a gunmaker or celebrity might want a private one for personal use, and a public one, for official posts.

BUT a request must be made to NE for permission. It is the nature of trolls and spammers to have multiple logins and aliases and if noticed they all will be deleted.

5. Forgetting Passwords

Many requests for forgotten passwords to be supplied.

Firstly I direct the person to the facility at the bottom of the login page where there is a facility to have one's password re-sent to one's registered email address.

Obviously the email address must be usable and current.

Just a few points, there are probably more ...

6. Auto response emails - verification of email address

Part of the membership process is the persons email address needs to be verified. When applying at the end of the application a message is shown on the screen that an email will be sent to their email address which will need to be verified before membership is reviewed.

This MUST be verified within about 3 days. The system deletes any un-verified applications if it is not done within that time frame and then a new application will have to be done.

Many people complain about not getting the verification emails. This is because of some of these reasons:
1. Their email address does not work;
2. They do not actually complete the membership application properly, and do not see the message saying that at the end. Many people fail to click on the I AGREE box to the terms and conditions. No verification email will be sent, as they haven't actually applied for anything. Also for non-alpha-numeric logins.
3. An auto response verification email may be interpreted as spam by some anti spam filters and programs. It is a form email. It may be in the persons spam folder, may get deleted automatically if people have set this to happen. Can't do anything about that as it is not in our control. Email verifications are not spam and are common for most forums.

We do value new and productive members who join in, post replies, start interesting threads, so will try to get people in, who have problems.

Time is not unlimited though and this is not a paid job! One reason there are always delays.

Thanks for any forbearance, and apologies when it is NE's fault.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2468

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com