Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: A different sort of Landrover Defender

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Dumprat
.300 member

Reged: 20/02/14
Loc: Vancouver island bc.
Re: A different sort of Landrover Defender [Re: 9.3x57]
      #253104 - 03/09/14 02:22 PM

Might work on a landie but the jeep doesn't have the relief in the hood to drop the spare down enough.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
EDELWEISS
.375 member

Reged: 22/11/05
Loc: Gettysburg
Re: A different sort of Landrover Defender [Re: Dumprat]
      #253141 - 04/09/14 07:10 AM

Quote:

Might work on a landie but the jeep doesn't have the relief in the hood to drop the spare down enough.

Well it works just fine for ME and since you don't have one on YOUR jeep, maybe just maybe I (as in the guy who DOES have one mounted on MY Jeep), just might have a better idea what works for ME. Bro I can appreciate that you may not like it, and I can understand that you might not think it should work, and Hell, I can even accept that you may be to short or have some other deformity keeping you from being able to see past it BUT as I said it works for ME.

You might have noticed, I didn't bad mouth your driving in the video you posted, or even said anything bad about your jeep, so maybe you could do me the same courtesy. Youre certainly welcome to your opinion; but when you make statements that call your intelligence into question, well people just snicker at you. When you make statements based on NO experience with the product your condemning, you sound like a liberal politician, running for election.

So whats the chance you could just keep your opinions about things of which you have no knowledge, to yourself OR if the anonymity of your keyboard continues to embolden you, beyond the reasonable, then maybe you could at least admit you've never seen what youre complaining about; but still don't like it.

To anyone else who is still reading, my apologies for the above; suffice to say reveling in one's ignorance offends me, all the more so when its pointed out repeatedly, and as in THIS case where I have said "it works for me" and "its a daily driver". So again my apologies to all who are able to understand.

--------------------
If it's not custom, it's just borrowed

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: A different sort of Landrover Defender [Re: EDELWEISS]
      #253143 - 04/09/14 07:34 AM

Only problem I had with the bonnet/hood mount was it made the bonnet/hood awful heavy to left to check the oil.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Dumprat
.300 member

Reged: 20/02/14
Loc: Vancouver island bc.
      #253147 - 04/09/14 08:39 AM

Wow sorry I touched a nerve! My point was that it cause a decrease in vision.

And any time you would like to try and follow me you let me know. Lol. Watch the rest of the vids on my u tube channel if you like. The same stretch of trail. I made it easy. Couple of guys broke and some pulled winch line.

MikeRowe
.333 member

Reged: 23/11/11
Loc: Arkansas, USA
Re: A different sort of Landrover Defender [Re: Dumprat]
      #253152 - 04/09/14 12:28 PM

The last two of Dad's three Landrovers he had when I was growing up (before he saw the light and bought a Nissan Patrol) had the spares on the bonnet. I'm not real tall, but never found it to be a problem in the bush. If we didn't see it, we probably just ran over it anyway....

The Landrover Experience not only builds character, it builds muscle mass, doing otherwise simple tasks like checking the oil. The easiest way is just to look underneath, if there are no fresh pools of oil, it probably needs to be topped off.

BTW Edelweiss (and I mean this most respectfully, albeit with tongue in cheek), did I notice a couple of drips of oil on the concrete under your Jeep? You may walk out there one morning and find it has morphed into a Landrover!

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: A different sort of Landrover Defender [Re: MikeRowe]
      #253155 - 04/09/14 01:13 PM

The Landrover 110 I owned in RSA never had any oil leaks.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Deutsche_Vortrekker
.333 member

Reged: 27/04/08
Loc: From the Kalahari to the USA
      #253156 - 04/09/14 01:37 PM

I have a 2004 Land Rover and it is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned .I will never buy anything else again

Edited by Deutsche_Vortrekker (04/09/14 09:37 PM)

Waidmannsheil
.400 member

Reged: 19/04/13
Loc: Melbourne Australia
      #253159 - 04/09/14 03:44 PM

Quote:

The Landrover 110 I owned in RSA never had any oil leaks.

That's because it had all leaked away.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with vegetarian food, so long as there is meat with it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11318

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com