Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: African Sky - Outfitter?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Tom30887
.275 member

Reged: 01/07/12
Loc: QLD
African Sky - Outfitter?
      #225778 - 22/02/13 07:46 PM

G'day All.

I am currently planning my first trip to Africa.

I have been looking at numerous outfitters.

I am thinking of going with African Sky.

Has anyone used this outfitter or have anything good or bad to say about them?

Regards, Tom.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Cazadero
.375 member

Reged: 17/10/11
Loc: Texas
Re: African Sky - Outfitter? [Re: Tom30887]
      #225779 - 22/02/13 09:31 PM

Tom,

You might elaborate a bit on how you came to know this particular group and why you are leaning towards them as opposed to anyone else. I looked them up online since I have never heard of them.

They list a PH named Peter Harris as part of their team. I met Peter in 2007 when we overnighted at the Ndlovu Lodge in Pretoria, and he actually put us up in what was said to be his personal room, which was more of a suite that encompassed the entire top floor.

We weren't even his clients but he went out of his way to make us comfortable, and he seemed like a true gentleman.

You might also tell the group on what you would like to hunt etc. and when you are planning on going.

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: African Sky - Outfitter? [Re: Cazadero]
      #225810 - 23/02/13 09:28 AM

Quote:

Tom,

You might elaborate a bit on how you came to know this particular group and why you are leaning towards them as opposed to anyone else. I looked them up online since I have never heard of them.

They list a PH named Peter Harris as part of their team. I met Peter in 2007 when we overnighted at the Ndlovu Lodge in Pretoria, and he actually put us up in what was said to be his personal room, which was more of a suite that encompassed the entire top floor.

We weren't even his clients but he went out of his way to make us comfortable, and he seemed like a true gentleman.

You might also tell the group on what you would like to hunt etc. and when you are planning on going.

Having had not so pleasant experiences a time or two on guided hunts..I would NOT go with anyone unless I had references and visited with those clients who have hunted in the last year or two..not 5 or 10 years ago..things change quickly, especially in Africa...

thats my .02 worth..good luck

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Tom30887
.275 member

Reged: 01/07/12
Loc: QLD
Re: African Sky - Outfitter? [Re: Ripp]
      #225834 - 23/02/13 02:14 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I don't really have any contacts or person references to go off.

The African Sky webpage is very professional with all required information readily available.
The testimonies on the webpage are good & A Google search on African Sky seemed to review well.
And lastly the customer service based on a few emails was very helpful and encouraging.

My Plan for a trip -

Anytime in 2014.

Their are two of us hunting. for a period of 10-12 Days (Any location or country suitable.
8-10 Trophies depending on price (4-5 each)

The must have trophies:

1X Kudu
1X Cape Eland
1X Gemsbok
1X Zebra
1X Wilderbeast (Black or Blue)

The remaining 3-5 Trophies I am open to whatever is available in that region.

If anyone has any outfitter they would like to mention I would be appreciative.

Tom

CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
Re: African Sky - Outfitter? [Re: Tom30887]
      #225840 - 23/02/13 06:37 PM

Hi Tom,

I went with Çhris Troskie Safaris' for my first and most likely the last safari and found him to be a very professional operator, good accomodation and meals and can provide all of what your looking for at attractive rates.

You can also speak to 'Tophet1'as he has hunted with him as well with similar results,

www.ct-safaris.com/

Cheers for now,

Jeff Gray

Rell
.375 member

Reged: 03/12/04
Loc: Oyster Bay, NY, USA
Re: African Sky - Outfitter? [Re: CHAPUISARMES]
      #231580 - 24/06/13 10:54 PM

I've gone twice with Harry Fourie at Kikuyu Safaris in the Cape. He took us to Mount Camdiboo in the Mountains for Kudu and Gemsbuck. It's a massive photo concession that receives very little hunting pressure. We saw at least 15 kudu bulls a day, true 5 star accommodations. Dry mountains and valleys.

Kikuyu is more down to earth but beautiful non the less. Closer to the coast, much wetter and thicker. Bushbuck, waterbuck, blue and black wildebeest, eland, blesbok, impala, , warthog and Nyla all on the menu.

For a first trip I would recommend three or four days in two different areas, more to see and experience.

I had such a good time with Harry in 20011 I took my father with me it his year.

--------------------
450-400, 9.3x74r and 7x65r.

aromakr
.375 member

Reged: 20/04/11
Loc: Hamilton, Montana
Re: African Sky - Outfitter? [Re: Rell]
      #231583 - 24/06/13 11:26 PM

Tom:
I have to agree with Ripp. Ask the outfitter for a list of clients from the last two years. Then contact them via phone and pick their brains so to speak.
Bob

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1963

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com