Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: My New Enfield-Not a Lee Speed

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

Pages: 1
Omnivorous_Bob
.333 member

Reged: 03/10/05
Loc: Montana
My New Enfield-Not a Lee Speed
      #231221 - 16/06/13 02:17 PM

Not a Lee Speed, but as a lover of Enfields of all types I thought this was the best place to post.

I finally got to take her home this week and put it through the paces on the range this morning.

This started as a 1916 BSA No 1 MK III that was converted to a DeLisle carbine replica in 45ACP by Richard at specialinterestarms.com. The ported barrel is only about 7 inches long and the rest of the tube is the baffle stack. The baffles are a copy of the original design but made of stainless rather than aluminum. Other differences from the original include not shortening the bolt and using a different (much better) magazine adapter that lets you use unmodified 1911 mags. It is literally quieter than my air rifle and definitely hearing safe.

I shot about 90 rounds through it today out to 200 yards. At that distance I could keep most on the torso sized target but even the slightest wind played havoc. There's a long enough delay that you can easily see the bullet hit at that range, which was great fun. As an aside, there were 30 minutes of elevation difference between the 100 and 200 yard zero! I can wait to try it at 300.

Great fun!
Bob

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2091

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com