Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Magazine for .375-.303

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

Pages: 1
leeenfield
.275 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Canada
Magazine for .375-.303
      #226639 - 09/03/13 12:12 AM

I am gradually making progress on my No1 LE sporter in 375-303. My re-bored/rethroated barrel arrived home recently and it looks like a lovely piece of work. I hope to find time to mount the sights over the next little while.

Right now I am thinking about how to modify the .303 mag to feed cast round-nose or even flat- nose .375 bullets more reliably. As presently configured, the left cartridge feeds Ok but the right does not. I have some ideas about how to correct that but would be interested particularly to hear if anyone has had any experience in modifying a double stack magazine to single stack for large bore cartridges. Also any ideas for continung with the double-stack configuration would be welcome.

Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Magazine for .375-.303 [Re: leeenfield]
      #226653 - 09/03/13 05:53 AM

Is this ctg. like Ken Waters round, or is it an improved case?

Is the right side lip differently shaped, more curl, than the left side? Perhaps they both curled front lips to be opened up just a bit due to the larger diameter bullets? Just a thought.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

rgg_7
.275 member

Reged: 22/10/07
Loc: Canada
Re: Magazine for .375-.303 [Re: DarylS]
      #226668 - 09/03/13 10:16 AM

Mag housing doesn't chane. Follower (Loading Platform) is quite different between the two. At one time I had some picture of these however long gone due to a hard drive failure. As I recall the raised portion on the 375 follower was narrower and shorter. A single stacked mag (like Gibbs 45-70's) would limit the capacity of 2 maybe 3 rounds.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1884

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com