Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: ameria-concari mauser

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
pjaln
.375 member

Reged: 08/06/06
Loc: massachusetts ,U.S.A.
ameria-concari mauser
      #223923 - 19/01/13 03:48 PM

mehul,,not sure what the pricing is ....the "old line" at concari with plenty of meat on those square bridges,all handmade and for rimless and rimmed cartridge too!!! ,, nice looking actions ,, im not that great with the computer , but there website is incredibly bad to navigate ....paul

Edited by CptCurl (10/06/13 09:23 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Re: ameria-concari mauser [Re: pjaln]
      #223925 - 19/01/13 04:16 PM

Paul,

Thanks for the pictures. I only learned about them from you, and I did contact them about a year and a half ago when you first posted about them over here. Their prices were Euro 6000 for their repeaters and Euro 3000 for the single shot solid bottom action as I recall. Once you go for the various options, the price rises even more steeply. They were also planning a Farquharson action and complete rifles. Not sure if those are available now, and if they are, what their prices might be.

Thank you again, my friend, and good hunting!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

Dresden
.224 member

Reged: 19/06/12
Loc: Minnesota, USA
Re: ameria-concari mauser [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #224191 - 24/01/13 12:09 AM

It's just me but spending 6000 euros or even dollars on an action is just not gonna happen. Most people are of modest means and cannot afford rifles like that. As an American where we have a lot of guns I look at my British cousins and see gun prices that make shooting almost an aristocratic sport.

Don't get me wrong, I can afford a 416 Rigby, made by Rigby, but I bought a 416 CZ. Great gun, does the job.

I cannot account for the tastes of others nor can I understand them, it might be I was Amish in a previous life.

Please take no offence at my comments, I'm just a plain guy who loves shooting rifles, especially Mausers.

tward1604
.275 member

Reged: 14/07/10
Loc: texas
Re: ameria-concari mauser [Re: Dresden]
      #224214 - 24/01/13 11:18 AM

Well said Dresden. I scraped and saved to get a custom 404 built, but wouldn't have been able to without two deployments. These actions are just out of reach for the average guy, But they sure do look good.

--------------------
Thank you
SGT
USMC

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Re: ameria-concari mauser [Re: tward1604]
      #224245 - 24/01/13 11:36 PM

We live in an age when there are $ 12,000 double rifles from gunmakers like Heym, and then you have Holland and Holland who rejected an offer of $ 300,000 for a Grifnee engraved double rifle some time ago. When those prices are taken into consideration, the beautifully put together Concari actions are budget priced. There's nothing wrond in buying a budget priced gun - all of mine are definitely budget and my Gujarati blood keeps me looking for bargains all the time, myself. On the other hand, if someone has made the money and wants to spend it on something that is premium priced, I'll say good for him. I'm happy to see firms like Armeria Concari, Holland and Holland, Fratelli Rizzini, Johan Fanzoj and Hartmann und Weiss. If nothing, they give someone who likes fine guns something to aspire for. Like beautiful country homes, ranches and Bentley cars, these fine actions and rifles show something that just mike make someone work harder to earn the money to buy them. And, if that guy just works harder, makes the money and then buys a budget rifle and goes hunting with it instead, it would still be worth it, if you get what I mean.

Good hunting!

--------------------

Mehul Kamdar

tward1604
.275 member

Reged: 14/07/10
Loc: texas
      #224270 - 25/01/13 11:31 AM

I wasn't trying to say they're overpriced at all, just most guys won't want to spend that much. I know i did, mine is on a GMA action. But for someone who was only 22 at the start of his build when prices like that come up it makes you sweat a little. I'm a firm believer in getting the best you can afford so if these actions were the best I would save and eat saltines and spam until i could afford one.

--------------------
Thank you
SGT
USMC

darwinmauser
.300 member

Reged: 07/05/07
Loc: Darwin NT
      #224292 - 25/01/13 07:43 PM

Mehul,
I don't think you can compare this action with the famous British makers, the Brits made complete rifles, they didn't sell bare actions to the public, they sold the complete package. The action looks very good but it needs to be made up into the living breathing rifle by the high end gun trade as only they know how, they are the one's who turn a bog standard Mauser into a work of art and put their name on it. Now if Rigby or a similar gun maker got a hold of it and turned it into something special then it becomes worth the asking price.

Edited by darwinmauser (25/01/13 07:48 PM)

Dresden
.224 member

Reged: 19/06/12
Loc: Minnesota, USA
      #224297 - 26/01/13 01:02 AM

Thank you for your service to our Country Marine
May God Bless and keep you and yours.
Dresden

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Re: ameria-concari mauser [Re: darwinmauser]
      #224333 - 26/01/13 02:16 PM

darwinmauser

A lot of the old Rigby bolt action rifles that I have seen are nothing great. The company must have kept its attention on building double rifles as those were more profitable before WW-2. Armeria Concari does build complete rifles - they are on the website. Today's Rigby likely outsources every component that it puts together. If someone wants to pay a premium price for that, fine. Its their money, and it will be a great rifle. Concari may not be a big name at the moment, but their quality is excellent, and, if they prefer to buy a Concari instead, I am sure that they would get a very fine rifle as well. There are even more expensive actions and rifles built on fully custom Mauser actions by gunsmiths like Ragnar and Roger Hansen in Norway. Rigby and Holland and Holland may have a history, but there are equally good new gunmakers both in the UK and in other parts of the world. What i am trying to say is that it is the buyer's bank account and personal selection that matters, and nothing else.

Good hunting!

--------------------

Mehul Kamdar

pjaln
.375 member

Reged: 08/06/06
Loc: massachusetts ,U.S.A.
      #224567 - 01/02/13 03:03 AM

when it comes to bolt rifles built in england ,you get some styling and a name.. period,,they arent doing anything special and they are 2x as much as other custom makers and most just look like component type guns.... these look like fred wells bottom metal all in house made which was probably the best looking ever put on a gun and he knew how to charge and got it ....paul

Edited by pjaln (01/02/13 03:06 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5189

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com