Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: S&W 4586. Unknown to many.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
Checkman
.333 member

Reged: 15/03/08
Loc: Idaho
S&W 4586. Unknown to many.
      #222171 - 22/12/12 10:41 AM

Okay this is my last thread invovling me showing photos of my handguns for awhile. I promise.

My father was an Idaho State Trooper for 21 years (73-94). When he retired they presented him with his S&W Model 4586 (DAO/45ACP) as a retirement gift. ISP transitioned to the 4586 from the S&W Model 65 revolver in 1991. This particular pistol was issued to him brand new in 91. Twenty years ago (wow. Has it really been that long?) when I first shot this model I didn't like it. Didn't like the DA trigger and didn't like the ergonomics of the pistol. But as the years have gone by I've become a better shot and I've developed an appreciation for the 3rd Gen S&W autos. Now I really like this pistol. It's very accurate and the trigger job is the equal of some of my better DA revolvers. In some cases it's superior. Funny how time changes things.

Sorry about the picture quality. My wife is using our better camera so I had to make do with our old Kodak. Anyway I know there are fans of 45 autos and S&W autos here on THR. The 4586 doesn't seem to be as well known. So here is one that is a little different.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Checkman
.333 member

Reged: 15/03/08
Loc: Idaho
Re: S&W 4586. Unknown to many. [Re: Checkman]
      #222753 - 02/01/13 11:00 PM

Some higher quality photos. Finally got hold of our better camera.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1587

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com