Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 416 RM

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
leapin
.224 member

Reged: 17/01/12
Loc: Vic, Aust
Re: 416 RM [Re: Ben]
      #217050 - 21/09/12 09:17 AM

No malice intented, Have a reread If I wanted to be critical beleive me I'd come straight out and say what's on my mind. But hey if I upset some of you lad's with a comment as previously stated.........well, Grow some fuggin skin. Bottom line is what I was trying to say is yeah it look's grouse,you'd be too scared to use that regularly for fear of getting it scratched. I carn't get too emotional with a bang stick for me they are a tool to be used. Hope that clears it up.Leapin

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: 416 RM [Re: leapin]
      #217054 - 21/09/12 10:34 AM

Leapin -I don't think anyone's taken your post as being negative or out of line - perhaps you wish it was? Most all of us use our rifles, not matter how they look or how much they cost. Every one who shoots one of my brother's rifles at rendezvous or every Sunday on our weekly shoots, is shooting something that cost him or her, $4,000.00 to $12,000.00. Guns are made to be shot - we all accept that. It's nice to show pictures of when they are new, or before they gain some earned patina.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Ben
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/08
Loc: Northern Territory, Australia
Re: 416 RM [Re: DarylS]
      #217060 - 21/09/12 01:37 PM

Leapin, most people here have very nice rifles that they do use regularly in the bush, without undue worry about getting some battle scars. In fact, not only do we want nice rifles, we also want them to be used, including the bumps and scratches that do occur. As for our skin, I'm sure it's thick enough, thank you. Good manners would suggest not making assumptions about a bloke not hunting with his fine rifle, especially when you're relatively new and perhaps don't know the bloke in question. Anyone who knows of Mark knows that he hunts hard. He's been-there-done-that. So, that's me saying what's on my mind, and good on you for saying what's on yours. Seeing we've gotten off on the wrong foot, perhaps I can try to start again on the right foot? Can you tell us a bit about yourself? We always love seeing hunting photos, reading hunting stories - even ones going back in time if you haven't already shared them. And we find almost any rifles interesting. If you would like to share a hunting story, we'd love you to start a thread over on the hunting forums here. Cheers, Ben

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: 416 RM [Re: leapin]
      #217062 - 21/09/12 04:12 PM

Quote:

No malice intented, Have a reread If I wanted to be critical beleive me I'd come straight out and say what's on my mind. But hey if I upset some of you lad's with a comment as previously stated.........well, Grow some fuggin skin. Bottom line is what I was trying to say is yeah it look's grouse,you'd be too scared to use that regularly for fear of getting it scratched. I carn't get too emotional with a bang stick for me they are a tool to be used. Hope that clears it up.Leapin

Didn't think there was any malice there. I took your post to mean what you have daid above and was just letting you know that Marks rifles are not safe queens.

As Ben said tell us abit about your rifles and hunting.

SAHUNT
Sponsor

Reged: 27/12/04
Loc: Centurion, RSA
Re: 416 RM [Re: Ben]
      #217073 - 22/09/12 03:02 AM

Back to the rifle, Mark that is really a beautiful piece of wood and a well made stock. Beautiful might be an under-statement.

--------------------
Life is how you pass the time between hunting trips.
Sometimes I do not express myself properly in the English language, please forgive me, I am just a boertjie.
Jaco Human
jacohu@mweb.co.za
SA Hunting Experience

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: 416 RM [Re: SAHUNT]
      #217100 - 22/09/12 01:17 PM

Quote:

Back to the rifle, Mark that is really a beautiful piece of wood and a well made stock. Beautiful might be an under-statement.

Agree totally..great looking gun but personally i would have NO problem taking this gun hunting..something happens to it..oh well...it can be fixed or its experience markings..documenting a certain hunt..etc...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Tom30887
.275 member

Reged: 01/07/12
Loc: QLD
Re: 416 RM [Re: Ripp]
      #217105 - 22/09/12 04:43 PM

very nice rifle. Who did the stock work, Ross Waghorn?

MarkR
.333 member

Reged: 29/07/07
Loc: NW Vic. Australia
Re: 416 RM [Re: Tom30887]
      #217110 - 22/09/12 08:26 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry I've been elsewhere for a bit. Yep it did take a real nice buff and got bruised when the client put his front seat back against the butt stock. Cotton wool, huh.... anyone that knows me probably also knows I'm not much into cotton wool

It will be hunting banteng in 4 weeks in the hot N.T. build up..... Definitely no cotton wool there either.

And to whatever your name is, just because a rifle looks good don't presume things that you not know

Rob Blomfield at Gold Coast Gunsmiths did the work and he's done a damn fine job of it. This is the first work I've had Rob do.

Cheers,
Mark.

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: 416 RM [Re: MarkR]
      #217112 - 22/09/12 08:39 PM

Mark I think you mean Sunshine Coast Gunsmith. That or I have been driving the wrong way to see the wright man

MarkR
.333 member

Re: 416 RM [Re: Rule303]
      #217114 - 22/09/12 08:49 PM

Hehe Greg..... Of course it is Sunshine Coast Gunsmithing..... Sunshine.....Gold......all the same to me........

Thanks mate.

Cheers,
Mark.

leapin
.224 member

Reged: 17/01/12
Loc: Vic, Aust
      #217183 - 25/09/12 08:26 AM

Sweet!, I new I should have got a job as a motivational speaker. (thumbs up)

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #217207 - 26/09/12 03:16 AM

Bit of Trivia:

"The Sunshine Coast"

That is what the Southern, West Coast of B.C. with all it's cottaged islands is called (although it rains all too much for me, it is specatcularly beautiful when the sun does shine, though)

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

MarkR
.333 member

Re: 416 RM [Re: DarylS]
      #217217 - 26/09/12 07:26 AM

Quote:

Bit of Trivia:

"The Sunshine Coast"

That is what the Southern, West Coast of B.C. with all it's cottaged islands is called (although it rains all too much for me, it is specatcularly beautiful when the sun does shine, though)

Maybe I should make a visit to our namesake in B.C. Any hunting there Daryl??

Cheers,
Mark.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 63 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11910

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com