Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Rendezvous Pictures

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

Pages: 1
DarylSModerator
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Rendezvous Pictures
      #211105 - 19/06/12 02:17 AM

Here's LeatherBelly shooting his new, "Taylor" made .50 - 44" bl. The photographer was graced with excellent timing on this one - perhaps a single 'frame' from a number of pictures.

Fort shoot - 'taking' the 'hostiles' as they present themselves.

Part of the primitive camp.

Well, OK- it's not THAT primitive. My bother's camp.

& what it's all about - the Rendezvous kids. Let me tell you, getting even this many together for a picture is difficult for someone who can't run after them. In all the camps, total, there's probably 60 or more kids dressed just like these. The kid's clothing swap is busy, every year as they grow out of their clothes so quickly and get passed along.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: Rendezvous Pictures [Re: DarylS]
      #211107 - 19/06/12 02:23 AM

Awesome.

A lady who works for me used to do re enactments
- of a certain era - not sure which - and they used
to dress up in period gear, kids as well.

DarylSModerator
.700 member

Re: Rendezvous Pictures [Re: 500Nitro]
      #213669 - 30/07/12 08:43 AM

Gotcha- no reinactors as in the States, here. There, they shoot blanks and I'm told they are not even allowed ramrods.

All the guns we shoot, are hunting-type rifles, with patched round balls, except of course, the black powder ctg. events in which fixed ammo is used with lead bullets.

This is our practise today - entitled On any Sunday, July 2012
L to R;
Reagan .50, Me .40, brother Taylor .40, Leatherbelly .40, Berke .50, Hatchet Jack - .50.

--------------------
Daryl

FATBOY404
.400 member

Reged: 14/11/09
Loc: QLD
      #213734 - 31/07/12 07:29 AM

Cool Daryl.
I think you have them for fitness as well.

Do you all hunt together ?.

--------------------
"WHATEVER BLOWS YOUR HAIR BACK"

DarylSModerator
.700 member

Re: Rendezvous Pictures [Re: FATBOY404]
      #213744 - 31/07/12 09:37 AM

'Ole Berke is more fit than I am, if skinny old man is better than fat old man - HA!

If I wasn't so long bodied, my gut would be as bad as my bros- maybe? I'm still sitting right on 240 pounds - up from 190 when I quite smoking 21 months ago, but I was not healthy according to my wife.

Taylor and I will probably be hunting moose with LB (he's a HOOT to have around - funny guy) this fall, looking for a 2 point (1 1/2 yr. old moose - open season) or maybe 3 calves in October. They're easy, but have to be careful of the cows if you shoot their calf - can be dicey.

We've put in for group hunt tags 3 years in a row without being drawn, yet others we know have received their group and single submission tags every year - some lottery, eh? Put in for an area a LOG ways away and you have a better chance of being drawn. Not sure how they've got the computer's programed, but that seems the norm - in other words it's FRUDULENT.

A 2 point (no more than 2 points on one side) bull moose is the most rare of moose these days. They've been running that restriction for so long, without having an open big bull season that the gene pool has improved to the point, that what would normally be a 2yr. old(1 1/2 actual), instead of having a couple spikes, or a spike and a 2 point, or two 2 point antlers, they will have up to 7 or 8 points on each side making them illegal to take as a "long yearling", 1 1/2 year old moose. They've become mature according to the regs. There is still the odd 2 point, but here are VERY rare over the North around here.

Along with the antler growth, they've increased in size. Where, 35 years ago, a normal 1 1/2 year old, 2 point or spike bull moose would yield 275 pounds of meat, nowadays they can run on average 375 pounds to over 450 pounds of meat. I got one about 8 years ago, shot on a mature bull drawn tag, that had 3 points each side - looked like a huge mule dear antler but only a 3 point (6 eastern, I guess) and weighed 499 pounds hanging in skinned quarters at the butcher shop, hocks cut off. That would have been close to or over a 1,000 pound moose live weight - yet he was only 1 1/2 years old. We do get some big 'calves' here, now and then.

The very next year, in a different local during the special weapons season, I shot one with the .69 Sporting Rifle, that weighted only 300 even in quarters, yet had 7 points on one side and 8 on the other. He looked "the villiage runt".

--------------------
Daryl

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
      #213748 - 31/07/12 09:45 AM

I bet there is a bit of `shine consumed around the fires at night.Good pics.

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

458Win
.333 member

Reged: 15/12/06
Loc: Alaska
Re: Rendezvous Pictures [Re: gryphon]
      #214869 - 18/08/12 04:00 AM

Nice photos and it looks like a good time was had by all.

Before I moved to Alaska my primary hunting rifle was a 50 cal flintlock long rifle built for me by John Bivins. But keeping my powder dry up here on a flintlock was a bit of a chore so I had to modernize.

--------------------
Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either never used one - or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Ben
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/08
Loc: Northern Territory, Australia
Re: Rendezvous Pictures [Re: 458Win]
      #214879 - 18/08/12 08:06 AM

What a marvellous time you all had! Good on you.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3405

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com