Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: This is outrageous and must be stoped!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
This is outrageous and must be stoped!
      #20971 - 18/11/04 01:48 AM

HOUSTON, Texas (Reuters) -- Hunters soon may be able to sit at their computers and blast away at animals on a Texas ranch via the Internet, a prospect that has state wildlife officials up in arms. From CNN

--------------------

"Speak Precisely" G. Gordon Liddy.

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"I''m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

"Yo! Mr. White"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Taos
.300 member

Reged: 09/05/04
Loc: Nevada, U.S.A.
Re: This is outrageous and must be stoped! [Re: bonanza]
      #20978 - 18/11/04 05:18 AM

You are gonna have to explain that one !! Only in Tx. What is the point?

bonanza
.400 member

Re: This is outrageous and must be stoped! [Re: Taos]
      #20980 - 18/11/04 05:29 AM

There is a trend amongst young American men that is sad. They are fat, lazy, rude, spoiled, care to much about fashion, and are wimps. This is a result of being raised by women. They can't discern between reality and fiction. The Iraq war to them is not too different than there shooting games. This aberration is for that generation who would rather kill and animal by proxy than do it for real - it's sick

--------------------

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"Yo! Mr. White"

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
      #20981 - 18/11/04 05:44 AM

In reply to:

HOUSTON, Texas (Reuters) -- Hunters soon may be able to sit at their computers and blast away at animals on a Texas ranch via the Internet, a prospect that has state wildlife officials up in arms. From CNN

Besides the fact that it sounds crazy, how would this be physically possible? Do you click on an animal in a live video feed and then some real "hunter"cout on the ranch shoots it for you? I presume there was more to the story?

Erik D.

bonanza
.400 member

Re: This is outrageous and must be stoped! [Re: EricD]
      #20982 - 18/11/04 05:54 AM

A rifle with a web cam attached would be remotely operated by the user, and when the game was in range and in the cross hairs - you click, and it fires the gun. They have been doing this with cameras for a while.

--------------------

"Yo! Mr. White"

Taos
.300 member

Reged: 09/05/04
Loc: Nevada, U.S.A.
      #20988 - 18/11/04 01:39 PM

Bonanza,

What you said is way too true. I am the laziest sonofabitch I know and still can't even fathom that kind of behavior. My kid is of that generation and I don't think he would think of such. Besides I would beat his ass for him!!

What can be done about it?

tunofun
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: Darwin, NT, Australia
Re: This is outrageous and must be stoped! [Re: Taos]
      #20993 - 18/11/04 06:53 PM

Oh my god! That is terrible. It would be fun with falling plates or silhouettes but with live beasts, its just a complete and utter waste of life. Especially if the 'hunted' animals are game animals and not just vermin or something like rabbits like we have here in plague proportions in some parts of the country.

I cannot believe this is even being considered as a legal option, it is certainly ethically and morally remiss. Why would you want to sit on your arse and just kill stuff like that?

My idea of a hunt is you get out there, get dirty in the same environment as the animal and actually give it a chance to beat you at your game. The challenge is if you can beat it at it's. I enjoy bow hunting as well as rifle shooting, most of my shots come from under 10m, pigs are easy to stalk to less than that but buffs are different and you gotta be pretty nervy to get that close to a big bull and loose off a 180gr broadhead at it and stay dead still while to charges past you because it didn't see you and see it drop 20m past you. That's hunting, this abomination is nothing but slaughter IMHO.

I believe we should all post on other forums on this issue, email shooting associations (like the NRA over there, but I doubt they wouldn't know about it already) and put forward that an email campain be started to voice our, the HUNTER'S, opposition to this insanity.

--------------------

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
Sigmund Freud -- General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

tunofun
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: Darwin, NT, Australia
      #20994 - 18/11/04 07:11 PM

Hey guys, I did a bit of research and came up with these;

CNN Internet shooting info

The website for this madness live-shot.com

--------------------

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
Sigmund Freud -- General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: This is outrageous and must be stoped! [Re: tunofun]
      #20996 - 18/11/04 08:54 PM

I haven't read any of the links but I think safety to the level of criminal negligence may be an issue.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

bonanza
.400 member

Re: This is outrageous and must be stopped! [Re: NitroX]
      #21003 - 19/11/04 01:20 AM

I went to the web-site and it looks like they are using some kind of big-bore semi-auto. Probably a barret 50bmg. Now it would be fun to try against a knock-down target. I'm going to write my congressman today to have the live shoot stopped.

--------------------

"Yo! Mr. White"

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: This is outrageous and must be stopped! [Re: bonanza]
      #21006 - 19/11/04 04:42 AM

it will graduate(the idea) to assassinations/murders etc...just keep reading the papers...it has to happen.

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

TarletonRanger
.224 member

Reged: 19/11/04
Loc: Stephenville, TEXAS
Re: This is outrageous and must be stopped! [Re: gryphon]
      #21018 - 20/11/04 03:16 AM

Howdy folks this is my first post on the board, although I have been lurking about and reading for the past several months. I'm a young fella, (20), from down just north of Houston, TX and am presently attending Tarleton University in Stephenville, TX for my second year.

I know that most probably I will never make it to Africa or on any other DG type of world hunting, but I do enjoy reading about them. My hunting is limited to deer and hog hunting. When the season is over it's predator hunting throughout the rest of the year, so I at least get some trigger time.

What is being discussed in this topic is truly disgusting. I saw it on the news the other night and since then it has been popping up on boards across the net. This is truly a disgrace to hunters everywhere. I just felt the need to let ya'll know that not all young Americans today are this lazy, or incompetent. Hopefully Texas Parks And Wildlife will be able to lay the hammer down on this before it gets outta hand.

Jake Wise

--------------------
They kept tryin to put me in the ground, but I wasn't ready.

Rusty
.333 member

Reged: 08/02/03
Loc: Missouri City, Texas
Re: This is outrageous and must be stopped! [Re: TarletonRanger]
      #21026 - 20/11/04 09:41 AM

Being in the broadcast news business I've seen this report.
I think it is one of those things that gives hunting and hunters a bad rep.

He apparently only has it shooting at a target with a Marlin .22.

There are some serious issues about hunting and killing game in the State of Texas without a license.
If you shoot a rifle in Texas at game you have to first pass or be exempt on a hunter/firearms safety course.
You need a license, resident/nonresident. . . tag the animal if it's a deer. . .etc.

Just my own opine here, but this guy is just BS and so is his scam!

--------------------
Rusty
We band of brothers!

DRSS

DUGABOY1
.400 member

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: TEXAS USA
Re: This is outrageous and must be stopped! [Re: Rusty]
      #21045 - 21/11/04 04:07 AM

I agree with Rusty ob this one! Anyone who would participate in such shananagans, is truely a, no class, ogre.

I think the Parke & Wildlife, of Texas will have some say in the legality of this sad activity!

To put it into Rays words "He should be gildflirted, and string haltered!"

Finally, I would like to take issue with Taos's statement "ONLY IN TEXAS!" What the hell is that supposed to mean?

--------------------
..........Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY1, and MacD37 founding member of DRSS www.doublerifleshooterssociety.com
"If I die today, I have had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"

coues
.275 member

Reged: 04/03/03
Re: This is outrageous and must be stopped! [Re: DUGABOY1]
      #21046 - 21/11/04 04:19 AM

Wonder if this is the same guy that offered the stripper hunts in Vegas last year. You got to hunt/stalk strippers with paint ball weapons.

Siskiyous6
.275 member

Reged: 21/11/04
Loc: Del Norte COunty, CA
      #21105 - 22/11/04 01:07 PM

What ever this is IT IS NOT HUNTING!!!!!

But, remember this. If it is technically possible, then the internets world wide capacity means some where it will be legal, and from there it can be accessed from anywhere. But, will people really spend money to sit for hours in front of their computer waiting for an animal to walk past their monitor? The animal killing part sucks, but it is likely some people will like shooting guns this way. It is so hard to find ranges, and weopons possesion is very problematic in many places.

This kind of thing, the animal assasination part, dies out because it is stupid, and boring. not because it is wrong, or unlawful.

--------------------
Pass it on!

500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: This is outrageous and must be stoped! [Re: Siskiyous6]
      #21308 - 25/11/04 05:33 AM

Just received this in an email from SCI International.
They are obviously very conscious of the impact - as we all are.

SCI Opposes New Form of Internet Activity

TUCSON, Ariz., Nov. 24, 2004 – Safari Club International opposes a recently publicized form of internet activity that the organization feels
has been improperly designated as "hunting."

"This is not hunting," said SCI President John Monson, regarding the Texas-based operation that, according to news reports, has suggested
the offering of the actual killing of animals remotely via the internet. SCI President Monson joined others on the SCI Executive Committee in
denouncing the internet activity, noting that SCI would support legislation, state-by-state if necessary, against such practices.

For more information about Safari Club International, call 520-620-1220 or visit www.safariclub.org. For more on the SCI Foundation or any
its charitable programs, call 877-877-3265 or visit www.sci-foundation.org.

500 Nitro

Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3652

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com