Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Problems with registering / joining

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

General >> Help desk - IT tips, queries & info

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Problems with registering / joining
      #206989 - 13/04/12 03:52 PM

Problems with registering / joining

Some members have trouble joining or registering.

NE has not been able to answer these emails for some months. But below is some issues for the applicant to consider.

Points to consider.

1. Make sure you click the I AGREE box to the membership terms and conditions. Nothing will work if you don't click on this box. Most queries are as simple as this.

2. We do not normally allow new joining members to use FREE internet email addresses such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, MSN, MSN live, etc etc etc.

We automatically DELETE applications using these online email address in applications.

The reason is 98% of applications using these are by spammers. We get MANY of these each day.

3. So please use a legitimate email address for your membership application. Almost everyone has one as part of their ISP (internet service provider) connection to the internet. We do not spam our members, rarely send out emails to members so it is not a problem.

If you do get AT NitroExpress.com emails that are spam it is from someone else stealing our domain name and the emails are not legitimate.

4. Do not use false IP addresses. We check them. If it is false, from the wrong country etc, we delete the application as the applicant is a spammer and false.

5. Make sure you put in a location which is true. It is a requirement of membership.

6. BIO. Put some information in the BIO box. About your hunting and shooting interest. It helps.

7. Alphanumerical logins and aliases. Use only letters and numbers, no spaces.

8. Failure to get confirmation emails. Lots of people report not getting the email confirmations. We have tested this repeatedly and it has always worked when tested.

If you can't receive them, check your spam or junk email folders. As the confirmation emails are standard form based emails they may be regarded as spam by your email software.

Similarly your ISP might filter out the emails. Nothing we can do about this. Use an ISP with sensible settings.

We don't know as it is probably not part of our system. But out there somewhere.

We value new members and want to get you in as members. If you have problems please contact us AFTER looking in to the above points.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: The beautiful Oley Valley, PA....
Re: Problems with registering / joining [Re: NitroX]
      #207103 - 15/04/12 03:11 PM

Thanks John. I've been keeping a stroke count for the past several months, and in one 24 hour period alone,we had 49 known spammers try to register here.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2106

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com