Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: WR Fauneta- SCI Update

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Paradox and Bore Guns

Pages: 1
CommandCar
.333 member

Reged: 18/09/10
Loc: East Coast, USA
WR Fauneta- SCI Update
      #174691 - 02/02/11 12:10 PM

Well? How about an update after SCI, etc.

I hear from the grapevine Ross is ordering a single shot, damascas barrel Fauneta.

How about a post show update on these guns and special ammunition?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update [Re: CommandCar]
      #174746 - 03/02/11 01:32 AM

Quote:

Well? How about an update after SCI, etc.

I hear from the grapevine Ross is ordering a single shot, damascas barrel Fauneta.

How about a post show update on these guns and special ammunition?

No Ross didn't make an order as the Fauneta is not set for production yet. They need a group of orders to make the project happen quickly.

Simon told me they are making the 4 bore project at this time for public availability as part of there new run. Apparently, its taking the workers time to sort that out. The Fauneta will be next after that, roughly 18 months out from initial CAD work is my guess. Its going to be a while unfortunately.

470evans
.333 member

Reged: 30/03/05
Loc: Texas, USA
      #174748 - 03/02/11 01:39 AM

I spoke directly with Simon Clode at DSC and specifically asked about WR reintroducing the Explora. Simon said he had no plans to reintroduce it. I'd be interested if anyone heard anything different.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update [Re: 470evans]
      #174762 - 03/02/11 10:11 AM

Quote:

I spoke directly with Simon Clode at DSC and specifically asked about WR reintroducing the Explora. Simon said he had no plans to reintroduce it. I'd be interested if anyone heard anything different.

Makes sense. The Explora is a different animal, plan is to start making the Fauneta again in 28 and 20 bore to start.

gatsby
.375 member

Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: inland valley CA USA
Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update [Re: ]
      #174764 - 03/02/11 12:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The Explora is a different animal, plan is to start making the Fauneta again in 28 and 20 bore to start.

I would think the 12 and 20 to be the best chamberings if they were to do 2 different cartridges. The 28 is/was practically useless therefore their rarity.

--------------------
"Recoil is insignificant when there is a tiger on the head of your elephant" The Maharaja of Cooch Behar

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update [Re: gatsby]
      #174768 - 03/02/11 01:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Explora is a different animal, plan is to start making the Fauneta again in 28 and 20 bore to start.

I would think the 12 and 20 to be the best chamberings if they were to do 2 different cartridges. The 28 is/was practically useless therefore their rarity.

The 28 is hardly useless my friend, that statement is rather an unfair judgement. Actually the 28 shoots a faster velocity than the 12 or the 20 Fauneta LT's according to the book. Of course less grains in bullet weight but still very useful and more accurate at longer ranges due to its flatter trajectory. As quoted from the Westley Richards book 'Guns & Rifles' 1812-1912. Two hunters in the book expressed how useful it was in Africa at long ranges. A small portion of a quote as follows; "and kills game up to the size of Zebra as well as any other rifle." They also mention other quotes by known hunters of the day with regards to big Moose being taken and even Crocodile with the 28.

Ross Seyfried will also attest to the fact of how useful the 28 is, as we have spoken at length about his 28 droplock and its performance.

To each his own I suppose as far as calibre choice, but I would use a 28 any day and feel comfortable with it. Not to mention resale and collectability is much higher as well on that piece.

Would love to see them introduce the Explora as well, don't bet me wrong. But the OP asked about the Fauneta not the Explora.

gatsby
.375 member

Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update [Re: ]
      #174772 - 03/02/11 04:38 PM

Well,
I am just surprised they are not making the 12's. Only made about 10 28's originally.

--------------------
"Recoil is insignificant when there is a tiger on the head of your elephant" The Maharaja of Cooch Behar

CommandCar
.333 member

#206919 - 12/04/12 01:42 AM

Just ticked off another year on the wait. Any new information/developments on the Fauneta reintro?

gatsby
.375 member

#206920 - 12/04/12 02:12 AM

Through the grapevine; Westley has no plans to resurrect the Fauneta or capped ammo.

--------------------

CommandCar
.333 member

Re: WR Fauneta- SCI Update [Re: gatsby]
      #206947 - 12/04/12 01:07 PM

OK, thanks Gatsby

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  tinker 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5141

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com