Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: repro clip for the M 88

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Pages: 1
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
repro clip for the M 88
      #201297 - 01/02/12 12:42 AM

just for have done it once I order a repro clip for the M 88 with some spare parts last week.

it was the first time I have seen here new made steal clips. the one made from brass that flood around had have a very bad reference.
here is the thing side by side with an original, looks not bad on the first view. its not lacquered with shellac anymore but plated with cadmium

also when loaded

but when you load it into the rifle it goes not so easy like an original and its very hard to load the first round. after this the rounds points with the bullet down or - sometimes - stick in the clip so you have to push it from the bottum.

maybe this is gome if you have use the clip the first hundert times. we will probably need this repros in future more and more because the originals will become obsolete. it seems that there are very big problems to make such clips again today so simple they look on the first view.

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Edited by CptCurl (16/03/12 10:53 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kuduae
.400 member

Reged: 13/01/10
Loc: middle of Germany
Re: repro clip for the M 88 [Re: lancaster]
      #201308 - 01/02/12 04:57 AM

Had the same problem with these repro clips from Numrich. Reason: they are made of slightly heavier stock than the originals and the "flaring out" at the front end is exaggerated. My solution: I took a piece of scrap steel, about 1 cm thick, inserted it in the clip from the front end and either hammered or pressed (in a vise)that flare flatter.

--------------------
German foresters: We like sustainability! For merely 300 years by 2013.

DocAV
.224 member

Reged: 11/08/06
Re: repro clip for the M 88 [Re: kuduae]
      #201312 - 01/02/12 07:11 AM

Thank-you for the detail on the problems with Repro M88 clips.

WE are currently "reverse engineering" an original M88 Clip ( H? Hirtenberger) to make up the Press dies ( after the success of our Berthier 3-round M1890 clip...now available.

One point is that the M88 clip functions best with M88 type cartridge cases ( in calibres from 7mm to 9mm); other cartridge cases with different shoulder angles, different Body tapers, and diameters, will feed differently, especially if there is some small difference in construction of the clip.

WE thoroughly test our clips ( whatever type) to ensure good fit and feeding from original rifles.

AV Ballistics Technical Services
Brisbane Australia
info@avballistics.com.au

Now available: M1890 Berthier Clips; soon to be available M1891 Carcano Clips, and late in 2012, M88 Kommission clips

Edited by DocAV (01/02/12 07:12 AM)

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: repro clip for the M 88 [Re: DocAV]
      #201315 - 01/02/12 07:38 AM

so what is the main mistake they made with this clip? are the measurments not exactly like the original or did they bend it not correct?

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

kuduae
.400 member

Reged: 13/01/10
Loc: middle of Germany
Re: repro clip for the M 88 [Re: lancaster]
      #201417 - 02/02/12 07:07 AM

Quote:

but when you load it into the rifle it goes not so easy like an original and its very hard to load the first round. after this the rounds points with the bullet down or - sometimes - stick in the clip so you have to push it from the bottum.

Inm your photo above the reason for malfunction is visible near the cartridge shoulder: they bent out the front edges of the clip too much. When jammed into the magazine, te clip walls are pressed in, the resultant pressure clamps the cartriges and keeps them from moving. You have to flatten these front edges somewhat until the loaded clip does not bind in the magazine well any more at the front end.

Edited by CptCurl (16/03/12 10:53 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2499

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com