Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Photography & Art Forum Survey Difficulty

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

General >> Help desk - IT tips, queries & info

Pages: 1
mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: The beautiful Oley Valley, PA....
Photography & Art Forum Survey Difficulty
      #1981 - 10/03/03 11:20 AM

I've tried several times to take the survey on What photography equipment do you use?, and when I try to cast my vote, it comes up telling me that I have to be logged in. I'm logged in, so I don't understand what the problem is. I have no difficulty on any other thread.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Photography & Art Forum Survey Difficulty [Re: mikeh416Rigby]
      #1986 - 10/03/03 10:31 PM

Mike

I don't know what the problem is.

The forums do allow only one vote per member in surveys - is there a chance you have already voted in the survey?

The not logged in message for surveys - sometimes appears if the person has already voted even if they ARE logged in. The other message is "You have already voted". I don't know why they come up at the wrong times sometimes.

Can you vote on other surveys (ie make sure you haven't already voted in them)?

Also are you using a PC with firewall software or behind a corporate firewall (ie if you are using a PC on a business network connected to the internet - you almost certainly will be behind a corporate firewall)?
(this information is useful for me in trying to track down the problem - ie if more users have the same problem and also are behind firewalls - it highlights the problem)

One idea - try flushing out the cache on your PC and try again. First go to the survey - hit refresh 2 or 3 times letting the screen refresh. If it still doesn't work, if using IE got to TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, GENERAL tab, Delete Cookies, Delete Temporary Internet files. The page being loaded may be in your cache rather than generated by the forum.

If nothing helps send me an email and let me know if any other surveys also don't work and we can try to narrow down the problem.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2557

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com