Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Swedish Wildboar hunt....

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Rule303
.450 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
Re: Swedish Wildboar hunt.... [Re: Sville]
      #197240 - 19/12/11 12:59 PM

Sville great pictures and an interesting hunt. I like your choice in scopes.

Daryl that is some big country there. I would go as far as calling it Majestic contry.

9.3 it must be nice to be able to look out your back/front door and see some of those sights.

Edited by Rule303 (19/12/11 01:02 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sville
.400 member

Reged: 23/03/10
Loc: Sweden
Re: Swedish Wildboar hunt.... [Re: Buchsemann]
      #210401 - 08/06/12 06:03 AM

I had a funny looking boar on my game camera this sunday. It looked like some sort of scab on the boar. I knew of this boar because he was the biggest in the area, I have seen him for some years.

In this area we donīt have that many boars, so we are rather careful in shooting them. But they are increasing rapidly. I talked on monday with a veterinary on the game department. He said that it could be scab and if so it would spread to the other. I decided to go out in the evening and take him away. I donīt have any good stand beside this feeding place because we separate feeding and hunting. But eighty meters away there are a old high stand, originally for hunting roebuck before the forest grow up. I went up with risk for life, and I thought if I fire the .300 Win mag the stand will fall apart. In the evening there were coming some male boars up feeding, in total six, and it was really interesting watching them. The right one did show up just before dark. I took a shot rather immediately, he ran away in a group of seven boars. I went down, but there were no trace. They did run in to a rather thick young forest, itīs not that fun to go after a big boar in that sort of forest. I went in and didnīt find anything. I started to go metodically through it and suddenly I found him. He did go 80 meters and the 13,0 gram Oryx did go through the lungs and out.

It showed that it was a big old boar. It wasnīt anything wrong with him. The winter hair was partly lost and he hadnīt yet got some new summer hair.
Now the worked started to get 145 kg out of the forest to the road. This hunt was on my own property so I had the ATV, isnīt easy anyway in that sort of forest. But I did enjoy the hunt and the work and it was late before I got in bed. Itīs fun to be a hunter. /Staffan

Ben
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/08
Loc: Northern Territory, Australia
Re: Swedish Wildboar hunt.... [Re: Sville]
      #210403 - 08/06/12 06:13 AM

Hey, thanks for sharing this adventure with us, Staffan! And Daryl, those pictures of yours are wonderful, too!

bakposten
.300 member

Reged: 15/05/12
Loc: Norway
Re: Swedish Wildboar hunt.... [Re: Ben]
      #210409 - 08/06/12 06:37 AM

Nice!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8744

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com