Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Anyone draw any tags ??

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Anyone draw any tags ??
      #186855 - 30/07/11 05:14 AM

Curious if anyone drew any conveted tags for big game seasons around the U.S??

I was fortunate enough draw a archery only tag for elk in eastern Montana..and an antelope tag for eastern Montana as well..

Curious if anyone possibly drew any moose, mtn. goat or big horn sheep tags...or a special elk or deer tag??

Thank you

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: Anyone draw any tags ?? [Re: Ripp]
      #186856 - 30/07/11 06:56 AM

Ripp-

I put in for many, got none!
Hope to hear someone else here did better...

Cheers
Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Anyone draw any tags ?? [Re: tinker]
      #186862 - 30/07/11 09:34 AM

Zero draws again this year.(BC,not Montana) None of my hunting friends received draws either.

Will have to hunt bull or cow elk, moose calves in the company of it's mother or 2 point bull moose(18month old).

Of course, coyotes, wolves, black bear, and whitetail or mule deer bucks don't need specially 'drawn' tags.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Anyone draw any tags ?? [Re: DarylS]
      #186883 - 30/07/11 02:10 PM

Darryl

In Montana as well, can buy over the counter for deer, elk, black bear --as a resident..
as you stated, can also shoot coyotes,,and so far, we will have a wolf season as well...

However, some areas in the state so require a special draw tag to hunt certain species ..such as elk or deer..

have a few friends who have drawn a mountain goat --will be going on one of those to help out..always a good time..they live in really incredible places..

Take care

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

SharpsNitro
.375 member

Reged: 12/08/08
Loc: Arizona, USA
      #188679 - 27/08/11 11:02 AM

Here in Washington I bought my big game license as usual: elk, deer, bear and cougar. I didn't apply for any of the special draws. I'll be heading out in about ten days to hunt the early archery season for elk (3pts or better), deer in the area we are going is any deer breathing. Kind of odd, to me, that you have to choose the method (firearms or archery) on the deer and elk tags.

Should be a fun week, my friend has been badgering me for 8-9 years about getting out for the bow season, I'm finally taking him up on it. He and his friend are traditional archers, I'm showing up with a compound. I'm not sure what to expect, I have not seen our local elk heard for quite a while, you usually see them in town (well, within the city limits) in August but I've not seen them for a couple of months. I wonder if they are still up high due to the late spring and nearly non-existent summer?

Kaywoodie
.224 member

Reged: 21/08/11
Loc: Bastrop Co. Texas
Re: Anyone draw any tags ?? [Re: SharpsNitro]
      #188765 - 29/08/11 02:48 AM

Not going to hunt elk this year (Colorado) as I will probably be working game management on the ranch all of October, instead this year. That is if wifey's next surgery is done and she can get around on her own again. Otherwise I may take her with me! I could get an OTC bull tag for second rifle season if I wanted. But I will probably be too busy doing other things....

But there are rumors of a "dove" (aka nilgai) hunt soon here in S. Texas..... so I will have my .375 H&H slung on my shoulder ,,,just in case!!!! THATS what I'm really looking forward to.....

Kaywoodie

--------------------
Mausers Rock!

AdamTayler
.375 member

Reged: 22/03/04
Loc: B.C.
      #194498 - 22/11/11 02:15 PM

No draws this year but there is a lot of opportunity with GOS. Time on the other hand...

--------------------
It's the journey, not the destination.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1887

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com