Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: I've lost my photos

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

General >> Help desk - IT tips, queries & info

Pages: 1
tophet1
.400 member

Reged: 15/09/07
Loc: NSW, Australia
I've lost my photos
      #194332 - 21/11/11 10:33 AM

I transfered my latest hunt photos onto this laptop without making copies. I then formatted the memory card in the camera. They were fine for two days. My 13yo and her girlfriend got on last night, used Picasso photo editing and now the hunt photos have gone leaving an empty folder.

I have searched the hard drive and found empty shortcuts. The recycle bin is empty. My video footage saved in another file from another memory card are fine.

The only image I have left is on the desktop as a wallpaper. Can I save the desktop image to use it later ? Any suggestions on where the photos have gone ? Pissed off is puting it mildly, more like gutted.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
Re: I've lost my photos [Re: tophet1]
      #194336 - 21/11/11 11:01 AM

Hi John,

That's a real 'B'

The following may sound silly, but did the girls say that they never deleted any of the photo's?? in fact anything and did they load the 'Picasa' program or was it already on the computer ?? If it was "NO" to both then they have to be there some-where and the trick is to find them.

I have a couple of programs that want to take possession of the photo's that I download from a camera with it's own software which can cause me distress.

I suggest that you do a 'Search' of the computer for any 'jpeg' files (if this is what they were) 'Created' within say the last 3 months.

This will then show ALL photos / files downloaded and where they are on your computer and hopefully they will be there.

I know that this may sound silly, but I have a 2TB External hard drive that I do a copy of "EVERYTHING" that important to me.

I hope that this may help and good luck,

Cheers Mate,

Jeff

500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: I've lost my photos [Re: CHAPUISARMES]
      #194337 - 21/11/11 11:04 AM

I agree.

Do a search for one of the names or numbers of the photos if you can remember them. Even a few digits of the number.

If you can't remember it, take another photo and see what the number is.

Good luck.

tophet1
.400 member

Reged: 15/09/07
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: I've lost my photos [Re: 500Nitro]
      #194350 - 21/11/11 04:10 PM

Jeff,

It looks like they were deleted. Tried all your suggestions then took the Laptop across to Inverell to a PC shop and he saved the desktop photo and found a lot of other non-hunting photos that had been hidden by 'rogue' software. Similar to what you describe.

Still gutted but one is better than none.

CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

#194353 - 21/11/11 04:29 PM

Hi John,

I am sorry to hear that, it does give that 'Guttered' feeling for sure. Best to always back up to at least two places and avoid that sinking feeling, especially with 'Little' fingers on a computer.

Cheers Mate,

Jeff

Sville
.400 member

Reged: 23/03/10
Loc: Sweden
      #194363 - 21/11/11 07:10 PM

Thats one of the bad things that can happen. I did lose pics a couple of years ago. After that I always makes two external copies. I feel sorry for you!!!! /Staffan

CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Re: I've lost my photos [Re: Sville]
      #194389 - 21/11/11 10:57 PM

Hi John,

I would like to suggest that you add one more piece of 'Equipment' to your arsenal, some years back I purchased an Epson P-2000 which is a multimedia viewer, basically you can download photos, videos to it and it has a 3" color screen that you can take and show them to friends etc and this one has a 40gb hard drive built in which is fairly big and you can also play DVD's, Music and the like and also play the Audio Books.

I know the horse has bolted but please have a look at it as once you have downloaded to this, your SD Card is still active and has all the photos that you took and then download to your computer, this way you always have a backup. I took this with me to Africa and every couple of days done a 'Backup' to the Epson just in case I lost the camera or something.

Just a thought Mate,

Jeff

bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
Re: I've lost my photos [Re: CHAPUISARMES]
      #194399 - 22/11/11 01:15 AM

There may be a chance they are still there. Try this.

http://ntfsundelete.com/

You can also make stils from you video.

--------------------

"Speak Precisely" G. Gordon Liddy.

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"I''m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

"Yo! Mr. White"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3730

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com