Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Handgun Hog hunt from 2000

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
WannaBeBwana
.224 member

Reged: 26/07/10
Loc: S. Arizona
Handgun Hog hunt from 2000
      #167129 - 03/09/10 06:23 AM

I just found a picture from a 2000 hog hunt I had here in AZ. A fella had some Russian's and Razorbacks imported to a ranch near Tucson a few years before and this is one of the results. I used my .44Rem Mag Super Blackhawk on this hunt and my partner went with a bow. Shot this boar at 40 yds with a 300gr hard-cast flat nose. It went completely through his chest behind the left shoulder. He went straight down, then bounced back up facing me head on. I put another round completely through him from chest to tail and dropped him for good. He went 198 pounds. Funny thing is that he had no nuts. Turns out that when one of this guys sows bred too young and had small sized pigs in the litter, he would feed up and catch all the males and castrate them. I got one of his fixed hogs.

He was excellent eating too! My buddy shot his from about 15 yards while it slept under a tree. They were both about the same size so we never weighed his.

[image][/image]

It was a hoot and I would liked to have went back but the operation went under. There are still tales of nocturnal black monsters roaming the river but I've never seen much sign since.

Rory

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ovny
.375 member

Reged: 19/06/08
Loc: Spain
Re: Handgun Hog hunt from 2000 [Re: WannaBeBwana]
      #194260 - 20/11/11 10:27 PM

Wow, I love to catch a wild pig with my Astra for 44 Magnum.

Oscars.

--------------------
I am Spanish

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1481

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com