Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Who makes a three position safety for the CZ550/ BrnoZKK602?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Big Bore Rifles

Pages: 1
GH
.224 member

Reged: 04/08/09
Loc: London, England
Who makes a three position safety for the CZ550/ BrnoZKK602?
      #192471 - 25/10/11 01:58 PM

As per the title please chaps, who makes them and which is the one to go for?

I am used to side, two position safeties but this will be for my first DG rifle, should I just get a back-to-front conversion and leave the safety on the side?

With thanks,

Amir

--------------------
none

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mauserand9mm
.400 member

Reged: 03/09/09
Loc: Queensland, Australia
Re: Who makes a three position safety for the CZ550/ BrnoZKK602? [Re: GH]
      #192473 - 25/10/11 02:34 PM

Not sure about 3 position, but I believe that Recknagel make a 2 position safety, but it's worth checking their website anyway.

chuck375
.333 member

Reged: 13/10/07
Loc: Colorado Springs CO
Re: Who makes a three position safety for the CZ550/ BrnoZKK602? [Re: mauserand9mm]
      #192530 - 26/10/11 11:31 AM

Wayne at AHR puts a real nice on. I did the CZ #1 Upgrade which included the 3 pos safety, single stage match trigger and straighten and fill bolt. The whole deal cost me $500. You'll need to call Wayne to ask him about just either installing or selling the 3 pos safety.

Here's a link to AHR

http://www.hunting-rifles.com/CZ/CZowners.htm

--------------------
"There's a saying in prize fighting: Everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

GH
.224 member

Re: Who makes a three position safety for the CZ550/ BrnoZKK602? [Re: mauserand9mm]
      #192609 - 27/10/11 05:04 AM

Quote:

Not sure about 3 position, but I believe that Recknagel make a 2 position safety, but it's worth checking their website anyway.

Thank you for your reply.

I has a look at the catalogue on their website and must confess I couldn't find the 2 position safety, let alone a 3 position one.

I will check more thoroughly later on this evening.

--------------------
none

GH
.224 member

Re: Who makes a three position safety for the CZ550/ BrnoZKK602? [Re: chuck375]
      #192610 - 27/10/11 05:11 AM

Quote:

Wayne at AHR puts a real nice on. I did the CZ #1 Upgrade which included the 3 pos safety, single stage match trigger and straighten and fill bolt. The whole deal cost me $500. You'll need to call Wayne to ask him about just either installing or selling the 3 pos safety.

Here's a link to AHR

http://www.hunting-rifles.com/CZ/CZowners.htm

Thank you for your post Chuck.

I won't be able to send the rifle to him but shall send him an email to see if he can send the safety to the UK.

I have a good ex-Boss and Churchill gunmaker here who I'm sure can fit it for me.

Very nice rifle by the way sir, I can't believe he only charged $500 to do all that work. What calibre is it in?

Regards,

Amir

--------------------
none

9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
      #192612 - 27/10/11 05:24 AM

I'm curious about why you want the safety?

Just interested if you have other rifles with a similar safety, or prefer the handling/function or something else.

I have the factory 3-position safety on my CZ550 and like it very much, tho it took me a little time to get used to it.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

9.3x57
.450 member

Re: Who makes a three position safety for the CZ550/ BrnoZKK602? [Re: 9.3x57]
      #192613 - 27/10/11 05:25 AM

Oh, PS: Chuck, what to say? That is a beautiful rifle!!!

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

GH
.224 member

#192615 - 27/10/11 05:43 AM

Quote:

I'm curious about why you want the safety?

Just interested if you have other rifles with a similar safety, or prefer the handling/function or something else.

I have the factory 3-position safety on my CZ550 and like it very much, tho it took me a little time to get used to it.

I'm fairly used to the Mauser flag-type safety from playing with old K98s at my rifle club, my main hunting rifle uses a two position (but forward for fire type ) safety and my .22 a cross-bolt type on the stock so I'm fairly adaptable.

I like the idea of being able to unload on safe, I like the idea of being able to mount a QD scope on a DG rifle for plainsgame and I detest the idea of pulling back for fire.

In other words I think a three position, Winchester type or Mauser flag, safety is the best for me but I am open to persuasion.

Regards,

Amir

Edit:

In the UkK we cannot get all of the models you guys in the US get. the Safari line for example are not imported and options like the factory 3 position safety would take months to get.

The rifle I will be using is a CZ550 in 458 win mag I m borrowing from a friend, in return I have offered to get it rechambered to 458 lott, cleaned up and lightly upgraded, similar to the stage one job on Chuck's rifle.

Can you describe how the factory three position safety works please, if it's the right type I might see if I can get one from the importer.

--------------------
none

Edited by GH (27/10/11 05:49 AM)

9.3x57
.450 member

#192619 - 27/10/11 09:12 AM

GH:

The safety on my CZ550 is on FIRE when pushed all the way forward. Pulled back one click and it is on SAFE but the bolt can be opened and the gun unloaded/loaded. Pulled all the way back and the bolt is locked and the gun on SAFE.

--------------------

chuck375
.333 member

Reged: 13/10/07
Loc: Colorado Springs CO
      #192620 - 27/10/11 09:23 AM

Thanks Guys, that's my 500 Jeffery took a couple of trips to the gunsmith to get it to function flawlessly, but it does now and shoots sub MOA when I do my part. So far only shot one feral hog with it at 8 feet in a thicket, needless to say no followup shots were necessary ...

--------------------
"There's a saying in prize fighting: Everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3191

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com