Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Colorado Bighorn Success

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
IronBuck
.300 member

Reged: 11/01/03
Loc: Pittsburgh PA, USA
Colorado Bighorn Success
      #19199 - 14/09/04 05:16 AM

We had a friend in our archery elk camp who drew a Colorado Bighorn tag. After many miles, many climbs & some very hard work glassing and hunting he took this fine ram

Here he is shortly after the kill

My buddy John & I take a break from our elk hunt to climb up & help Anthony with his ram. Here we are posing with his trophy

The weather was brutal up top that day. Here is my buddy John with Anthony after caping out the ram. Notice the rainbow in the background. A fitting end!

Some pictures with Anthony the next day....packout day!

Some views of a fine Colorado Ram. Congrats to Anthony!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
blackbearhunter
.333 member

Reged: 15/06/04
Loc: swamp
Re: Colorado Bighorn Success [Re: IronBuck]
      #19200 - 14/09/04 05:42 AM

Iron buck looks like you guys had a great hunting trip.You gotta get a sheep next.You need to rifle hunt that mule deer,that would have been a nice rifle shot.Youll get him next time ,gotta pay them dues right!!
The pictures look great also.How high up you guess you were.See any bear sign?where there goats up there also?Glad you had a great time!You will have to tell us all about it.

IronBuck
.300 member

Reged: 11/01/03
Loc: Pittsburgh PA, USA
Re: Colorado Bighorn Success [Re: blackbearhunter]
      #19201 - 14/09/04 06:12 AM

Most of our hunting for elk takes placearound 11,500'. That is about 1000' higer than base camp. We get into elk al the way to the peaks above treeline....12,500++'

There are lots of bear in SW Colorado, but the stay at lower elevations this time of year for the most pasrt. Taking advantage of better food sources. From time to time they wander up into the high country..........going after hunters stashes for hunting camps

There weer also no mountain goats where I was hunting, but the do have them near by. They are great to see in the wild. They live in areas that make everything else we went through look take!

If I had a rifle I'd have been able to kill everal REALLY big mulies as well as some outstanding 6x6 and 7x7 elk. I had archery shots at some smaller bulls (4x4s & 5x5s) but I was holding out for a big one. Still...we had a real good time. The scenery alone is worth teh cost of getting there. You bet I'll be back next year

blackbearhunter
.333 member

Reged: 15/06/04
Loc: swamp
      #19209 - 14/09/04 11:35 AM

Man you guys look like your on top of the world.You are!! Great pictures!!Thanks for sharing,man i bet you cant wait to go back. Rocky Mountain High

AspenHill
Sponsor

Reged: 08/01/03
Loc: Vermont, USA
      #19229 - 15/09/04 12:51 AM

Wow, a bighorn! Now that's a dream come true!

--------------------
~Ann

Everyday spent outdoors is the best day of my life.

Aspen Hill Adventures

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1158

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com