Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Griffin & Howe - any recent rifle info?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Squarebridge
.300 member

Reged: 21/08/08
Loc: Tennessee
Griffin & Howe - any recent rifle info?
      #188947 - 31/08/11 08:27 AM

I am curious to what extent Griffin & Howe is still in the rifle buiness. I never hear anything about them in a modern context. Their older rifles are justly considered collector's items, but while lots of people here are having rifles made in London and all over the world, I haven't heard a single thing about G&H. I know they have gotten into high end shotguns and are doing a nice double rifle now (not sure how it's sourced). I'm sure the shotgun end of the business is a steadier income stream.

Just curious if anyone has considered having a rifle built there, toured the shop, etc.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mckinney
.400 member

Reged: 29/01/09
Loc: usa
Re: Griffin & Howe - any recent rifle info? [Re: Squarebridge]
      #189011 - 01/09/11 02:47 AM

I used G&H to redo some English bolt rifles about 2 yrs ago and the work was first rate. They are currently rebuilding a Type B in 9.3 and I will post before and after pics on the forum when the work is finished.

I have not had them build a custom rifle from scratch so I don't know whether they can match the beautiful lines of the early rifles. My guess is that they can. The people to ask would be Bill Supple and Paul Chapman of GH.
Personally I wouldn't hesitate to order a new GH custom and I would be reluctant to use anyone else for gunsmithing work.

gmsemel
.224 member

Reged: 08/11/05
Loc: East Haddam, CT
Re: Griffin & Howe - any recent rifle info? [Re: mckinney]
      #190685 - 25/09/11 11:56 AM

They are very much still around, I go to the Greenwich Shop at least once a year, its 100 miles from were I live. They are first rate in what ever they do, of course you pay for that. Being were they are in Greenwich, till this current down turn, has more multi millionaires living in that town than any other place in the United States if not the world, there is at least three Billionaires call the town home. And its only 34 miles to mid town Manhattan. Lots of money and they do spend it on very nice things.

tophet1
.400 member

Reged: 15/09/07
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: Griffin & Howe - any recent rifle info? [Re: gmsemel]
      #190686 - 25/09/11 01:29 PM

http://www.griffinhowe.com/

Used Guns:

http://www.griffinhowe.com/usedgun-rf.cfm

New Guns:

http://www.griffinhowe.com/newgun-rf.cfm

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2351

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com