Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 45 Cal E. Wesson Style Boxlock Muzzleloader

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Muzzleloaders & Blackpowder

Pages: 1
CowboyCS
.333 member

Reged: 05/10/07
Loc: Kansas u.S.A.
45 Cal E. Wesson Style Boxlock Muzzleloader
      #190263 - 20/09/11 04:37 AM

I just finished up this .45 Caliber Wesson Style Boxlock. There isn't anything really fancy about it but it is kind of a special build for me. It was commissioned by a Friend, who really deserves it in my opinion. Some of you probably know him, he used to go by GrizzlyGroundhog on several of the muzzleloading forums. For those who don't know him or his situation I'll give a brief background of what has happened to him. A couple years ago he was injured at work....basically someone turned on a piece of equipment that was supposed to be locked out for maintenance and he was electrocuted(nearly to death)...the resulting injuries of the accident have caused permanent heart problems, he's had multiple surgeries to deal with some of the physical injuries and some vision problems as well as various neurological problems and nerve damage....and that's just the short list, not to mention the side effects of some of the various medications he's been on....then he's been put through the wringer by Workmans Comp/Unemployment...Company Insurance, Doctors, lawyers, Judges....in general pretty much everybody for the last few years has had a turn at bend him over and screwing him.

Overall he's kept a pretty good outlook through all of this and still tried to be active in promoting muzzleloading and helping the younger generation get involved.

So when he contacted me wanting one of my Wesson Style Rifles I was more than happy to try and deliver what he wanted. He provided the .45 Caliber barrel and some money and I did the rest....I turned the barrel from a straight Octagon down to a Oct. to Tapered round with a wedding band transition. The Action is a casting by Pete Allan, the Stock is a pretty nice piece of Black Walnut and the rest of the Iron Furniture I made from scratch including the forearm cap. The wood is finished with an Oil and Wax finish and the Metal is Rust Blued.

I gave the stock some slight adjustments that I am hoping will help him shoot with his physical problems from the accident. I left a little bit of a swell in the cheek area to hopefully put his head and neck in a more comfortable alignment when shooting, I also left a slight swell in the grip area and a little swell in the forearm to aid in his handling of the rifle. The stock was also fitted to his measurements with the appropriate cast off. The Rear sight is farther forward than I would normally place it, and the notch is wider than a normal sight to give a better sight picture.

Colin

--------------------
The Bill of Rights- Void were prohibited by law
Stolzer & Son's Gunsmithing

Edited by CptCurl (19/03/12 09:58 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tatume
.400 member

Reged: 09/06/07
Loc: Gloucester, Va USA
Re: 45 Cal E. Wesson Style Boxlock Muzzleloader [Re: CowboyCS]
      #190264 - 20/09/11 06:18 AM

PM sent.

--------------------
Take care, Tom
NRA Life Member

Ash
.400 member

Reged: 10/05/11
Loc: Australia
Re: 45 Cal E. Wesson Style Boxlock Muzzleloader [Re: Tatume]
      #301053 - 31/05/17 04:56 PM

This is an old thread, but it deserves comments: Colin - i've always thought they were absolutely ugly actions..Until i saw this. Wow! Now i want one! Hope your friend loves it, im sure it wouldnt be possible not to!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  DarylS 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2513

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com