Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 7mm Rem Mag

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: 7mm Rem Mag [Re: DarylS]
      #188033 - 17/08/11 08:57 AM

I love my 30 year old 7mm mag..it puts big deer away with no fuss.

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
eagle27
.400 member

Reged: 24/01/09
Loc: Nelson, New Zealand
Re: 7mm Rem Mag [Re: DarylS]
      #188045 - 17/08/11 04:19 PM

Quote:

I set up the brass for the chamber the same way as you, eagle, with belted or rimless - you have to if you want it to last - just don't like them. The belt is not needed - it's superfluous, redundent.

The 7mm Rem. Mag, is one I've never really liked - even though I've had a couple - have one right now but I'm thinking of pitching the tube.

The case capacity is too much larger than a .280 or the 280IMP which matches it, ballstically. It's the efficiency I don't like - and the belt, did I meantion that?

Then it's the 7x61 S&H you should have had all along belt and all. The belt helps to hold your trousers up as you gasp over the efficient performance you get from this cartridge.

Actually I just remembered the other night that I re-barreled my mates 7x61 Schultz and Larsen when he wore the barrel out (through misuse more than anything). As he did not reload and factory ammo and cases were hard to get I got a 26" barrel for it, same contour, put the original open sights back on and chambered in 7mmRM . Would have been good to chrony it to see how it performed compared to the original cartridge in the same action but I never thought about it at the time and he was not into worrying about what he got out of the cartridge other than it just kept on knocking deer over everytime he pulled trigger.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 77 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 10574

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com