Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Lee Speed Values

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

Pages: 1
rgg_7
.275 member

Reged: 22/10/07
Loc: Canada
Lee Speed Values
      #185988 - 17/07/11 02:44 PM

I'm looking at a Lee Speed by BSA, good condition, no rib and what I'd call Model No2. I'd appreciate comments on recent selling prices. I'm in Canada. Also like to know if the build were by either Greener, Cogswell and Harrison if it would command a premium. Thanks for reading this. Ron

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
darwinmauser
.300 member

Reged: 07/05/07
Loc: Darwin NT
Re: Lee Speed Values [Re: rgg_7]
      #186003 - 17/07/11 08:15 PM

Lee Speed values to some extent depend on where you live , In England they are less valued than in Australia ...probably due to availability and the market. What they're worth in Canada ...you need to ask someone who knows the Canadian market . Only advise I can give you is if you like it, and can afford it, go for it ...it's only money and your on this earth for a very short time.

jc5
.300 member

Reged: 10/10/07
Loc: West Coast, USA
Re: Lee Speed Values [Re: darwinmauser]
      #186018 - 18/07/11 01:24 AM

Here in the US, I'have seen Lee Speeds sell for as little as $500 (for something well worn and rebarrelled) to well over $2000 (exc condition, rib, with a famous gunmaker name like Jeffery, Greener, Westley Richards). In most cases (not all), the gunmaker did not add anything to the rifle; they just retailed it. But as with many types of collecting, gun collectors will pay more for the name.

If you pick it up (or even if you don't) please post some pictures here on the forum.

Thanks!

--------------------
Researching Lee Speeds and all commercial Lee Enfields. If you have data to share or questions, please send me a PM.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2035

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com