Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: concari rifles

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Forum Photos & Archive

Pages: 1
pjaln
.375 member

Reged: 08/06/06
Loc: massachusetts ,U.S.A.
concari rifles
      #184474 - 24/06/11 06:34 AM

http://www.armeria-concari.com/steinbock/Foto/index.htm

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Huvius
.416 member

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: Colorado
Re: concari rifles [Re: pjaln]
      #184488 - 24/06/11 08:47 AM

Nice rifles.
Trigger guards are a little egg shaped on some of them but certainly very well done.

--------------------
He who lives in the past is doomed to enjoy it.

pjaln
.375 member

Re: concari rifles [Re: Huvius]
      #184494 - 24/06/11 12:39 PM

check around on the sight ,,they make a modern 303 slantbox!!!!....paul

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
      #184504 - 24/06/11 07:17 PM

G'Day Fella's,

Thank you for those images Paul!
Scrumptious firearms that's for sure!!!

Is the first rifle (the .416 Rigby with the red colored material, back ground), a Brno ZG47?

Doh!
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
      #184528 - 25/06/11 12:55 AM

Paul,

Thank you very much for this post which is the final piece in a puzzle that I have been looking for an answer to for many years! I had heard of an Italian firm that was making Mauser actions for several companies including Empire over here in the USA and for Dumoulin in Belgium for a time, but was unable to find any information through my contacts. Now I know who they are!

Thank you for the wealth of information that I have received from you over the years and especially for the fantastic pictures of your guns. Good hunting and happy collecting, my friend!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: concari rifles [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #184533 - 25/06/11 02:06 AM

Very elaborate and beautifully fininshed. I just don't like the T Guard - too low, too long and trigger too hooked for my fat fingers - I would demand a straighter trigger. 'Course, no way I could ever or would ever afford to purchase one, so that's a 'moot' point.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

pjaln
.375 member

Re: concari rifles [Re: DarylS]
      #184553 - 25/06/11 07:27 AM

the trigger guard is styled like a holland (when using there homemade droip box)only a little more streched,,it also resembles some of the the wells magnums..,,,,the 303 is the kicker....paul

taw1126
.333 member

Reged: 24/07/07
Loc: Texas
Re: concari rifles [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #185352 - 07/07/11 12:35 PM

Quote:

I had heard of an Italian firm that was making Mauser actions for several companies including Empire over here in the USA and for Dumoulin in Belgium for a time, but was unable to find any information through my contacts. Now I know who they are!

Mehul- what am I missing (besides the ability to read Italian? How did you determine that these actions are the ones used by Empire before they started building their own?

I've read the same thing- about Italian-made actions being used in those rifles- and also that the same actions were imported by Legacy Sports with a different level of finish. I've got an Empire built with the Dumoulin A2000 action (albeit with a butterknife bolt handle) but I'm not finding the similarities with the Armeria Concari actions in the photos on Dumoulin-Herstal's website:

http://www.dumoulin-herstal.com/en/mecanisme.htm

Please let me know what I'm overlooking...I'd also like to have some confirmation of where these early Empire actions originated.

pjaln
.375 member

Re: concari rifles [Re: taw1126]
      #185353 - 07/07/11 01:42 PM

i think that dumoulin built actions for empire at least they had a pic of a dumoulin on there site i doubt if the italian actions were made for empire but who knows ,,i will say that the bottom metal of the casartelli rifle at hallowells looks a lot like the concari bottom metal and hallowell states that casartelli built that action as a magnum in house which sounds iffy ,,im going to call concari cuz i couldnt get thru with email and see what they say also if you keep looking thru concaris site u will find pics of a classic mauser style almost listed like its a closeout or something ,, ,, btw i seen the dumoulin magnum action 20 years ago that and the casartelli rifles ,,they were both imported by jim austin of new england arms kittery point maine ,,which is now closed....paul

taw1126
.333 member

Reged: 24/07/07
Loc: Texas
      #185355 - 07/07/11 02:18 PM

Quote:

i think that dumoulin built actions for empire at least they had a pic of a dumoulin on there site i doubt if the italian actions were made for empire but who knows

Dumoulin and Empire had some type of arrangement, including importation of Dumoulin double rifles by Empire and engraving of Empire actions by Dumoulin (even the later ones designed & manufactured by Empire). But, to my knowledge, Dumoulin does not manufacture their own actions...similar to what Mehul said, my understanding was/is that an Italian company manufactures the A2000 98K action and that Dumoulin does the finish work on them. But based on the photos of the Concaris I think it may be a different Italian company and a less expensive action.

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Re: concari rifles [Re: taw1126]
      #185559 - 10/07/11 11:24 AM

taw1126,

I can slowly read and understand some Italian though it is not a language that I claim to know. English and French are the European languages that I communicate in.

Empire's website spoke about using actions from the same Italian firm that supplied them to Dumoulin some time ago. Nowadays, they apparently use some other supplier. I just put two and two together . . .

BTW I have the Concari prices via a gunsmith called Gary Carrell who participates on a custom Mauser forum. From Gary's communication with them:

Quote [Titanium actions run 4900 – 6100 euro

Steel actions run 2150 – 3250 euro

They said in email that there is a System Competition that is 1500 euro, but I did not see it on the price list they sent me.

They have a lot of different action lengths.] End Quote.

They do not have any US distribution at the moment and only sell to gunsmiths, as each action is specifically built to order, from what I understand via Gary's post. Another forum member (who is not a gunsmith) contacted them to try and buy an action but was told that they could not sell to him.

Good hunting!

--------------------

Mehul Kamdar

mehulkamdar
.416 member

#185560 - 10/07/11 11:30 AM

Paul,

Will look forward to hearing from you after you talk to Concari. Taw1126 is right on Dumoulin - they do not make their bolt actions though they do build all of their double guns in house AFAIK. If COncari built the actions for Carlo Casartelli, their work must be exquisite, indeed! Some might criticize Casartelli's work for being too ornate, but the quality - and genius - shows in the ones that I have seen.

Good hunting and I'll call you after the weekend. Best wishes, my friend!

--------------------

Mehul Kamdar

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5894

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com