Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The "Out of Africa" experience

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
The "Out of Africa" experience
      #18209 - 20/08/04 01:59 AM

If someone said to me, "You will have a real 'Out of Africa' experience", I would be thinking of tented camps in East Africa, vintage rifles, champagne drunk out of crystal, white table cloth dining tables. Hunting game in prisitne hunting country with lions a standard not a special one off hunt of a lifetime.

BUT

Has the term become tarnished by the alledged antics of OOA on farms illegally occupied and game alledgedly shot outside of legitimate quotas?

If this company is part South African AND part USA I don't understand with the US sanctions how they can still do business in the USA?

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NONE
.300 member

Reged: 15/12/03
Re: The "Out of Africa" experience [Re: NitroX]
      #18231 - 20/08/04 08:59 AM

I can assure you the word is out.
I visited both the Texas and GA SCI conventions and they were at both. I was told by a friend and some one closely associated within the African hunting community the "stories" and from that point on heard rumblings all weekend at both locations about them.
I am unsure if the US has any proof of the allegations or would react if they did but I can assure you the word is out here and people steered away from them, it was obvious to myself a uninitiated bystander.

As for the first part of your post I imagine the same thing classic doubles, tented camps, honest people that are not affraid to follow there love and for me hunting lion off horseback something I plan to do on a latter trip. I have no dough my safari coming up next month will be the trip of a life time event if I do go back year after year

James F. Nixon III

Edited by NONE (20/08/04 09:02 AM)

450Dakota
.300 member

Reged: 18/03/04
Loc: California, USA
Re: The "Out of Africa" experience [Re: NitroX]
      #18234 - 20/08/04 10:25 AM

Yes, Indeed the word is out and getting out.. I just returned from hunting in that "general" area.. And I think you ain't heard nothin yet!! From the rumblings I heard and overheard, shit is going to hit the fan, and might even be woe to those that have deposits down.. Where there's smoke, sometimes there's a fire and sombody's gonna get burned.. The legit operator's over there are really, really pissed..

450D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1825

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com