Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Steyr Mannlicher Double set trigger question

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mannlicher Discussion forum & Archive

Pages: 1
HendrikNZ
.275 member

Reged: 20/12/10
Loc: New Zealand
Steyr Mannlicher Double set trigger question
      #181385 - 12/05/11 02:15 PM

I have a Mod SL in 222 Rem Mag and a Mod S 375H&H both with double set triggers.

On both rifles; when the rifle is cocked and the rear trigger pushed forward the rifle will fire.

Normal operation would be to pull the rear trigger to set the front, so this is not quite standard procedure...

I'd be keen to hear opinions from others with Steyrs in this configuration. Is this "normal" or a faulty trigger x2?

Regards
H

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kuduae
.400 member

Reged: 13/01/10
Loc: middle of Germany
Re: Steyr Mannlicher Double set trigger question [Re: HendrikNZ]
      #181390 - 12/05/11 04:35 PM

Not only Steyr's, but each and every double set trigger will fire the gun, if the rear trigger is pushed forward! This is a rather unknown fact, but is stressed by me during the next few days again, when I have to examine wannabe hunters during the German "Jaegerprüfung". As you note, in normal use the rear trigger is pulled back against spring pressure in "setting". When it is released by touching the front trigger, the rear one is accelerated foreward/up by the spring and slams against the primary sear and releases it. So of course it will release the primary sear also when pushed foreward by a thumb instead of it's spring.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2576

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com