Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: April Fool

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
Paatti
.333 member

Reged: 18/01/07
Loc: Finland
April Fool
      #179665 - 23/04/11 01:23 AM

My English friend Anthony told me last winter, that he want to shoot beaver someday, because he have never take one. I promise to arrange him a change. What a fool I am.
We have to wait until ice melted a bit and beavers starts to move. I scouted a decent place for Anthony and one april evening we finally go to hunt.
Taking our positions about 30 meters upstream to beavers nest and starts to wait. Cranes, goldeneyes and swans was only bigger animals that we see during first hour. Then suddenly out of nowhere beaver popped up about 100 meter downstream. Swimming near by the ice edge and eating something. No change to shoot it. Another half an hour later I saw that beaver swimming upstream, towards its nest. It rise to the river bank beside its nest and Anthony dropped it with sako 308win. Couple seconds after shot dead beaver starts to slide on to the river because of partially icy river bank and I start to run. Taking of my cap and fleecejacket and throwing car keys, phone and spare ammos on to the jacket.
Water is not running fast there but still there is not much time. I jump in to the water and cathcing the beaver. Even though river is only about 6 meters wide there, it was not too easy to get back. Anthony pulling me and beaver up to the bank. Wet shirt of and dry jacket on, couple of quick photos and running to the car.
Still dont know if that wide smile on Anthonys face is because of his first beaver or me swimming on that ice cold water.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ben
.400 member

Reged: 22/08/08
Loc: Northern Territory, Australia
Re: April Fool [Re: Paatti]
      #179719 - 23/04/11 08:12 AM

Paatti, you are most dedicated. That is a nice photo of your countryside, too.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: April Fool [Re: Ben]
      #179811 - 24/04/11 03:41 AM

Lucky it wasn't a moose you promised him.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1634

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com