Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Partner for June NZ tahr hunt wanted

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shopping.NitroExpress.com >> Hunt Swaps

Pages: 1
Paul
.400 member

Reged: 28/08/07
Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Partner for June NZ tahr hunt wanted
      #179038 - 14/04/11 01:21 AM

Not exactly a swap, though I am willing to neg. in that regard on this or Australian sambar.

The following is an edited version of a post I made on AR recently.

My hunt partner has gone in the knee and can't make it, so there's a place in the chopper/on the hill for someone who can kit up quick.

The plan is to fly into Auckland about 31 May to buy food, crossing to the South Island with guide by ferry and travel down to the West Coast for chopper lift on Sat 4 June. Our Kiwi amateur guide has hunted successfully there and will show us the ropes but not spoon-feed us. We will come out between 10 and 14 June depending on weather and time needed to get animals.

In return for our 'guide's assistance, we will pay his travel costs from the North Island and his share of the best-priced chopper charter - but will use his vehicle instead of hiring one. This might all add $NZ500* to your own share, possibly less (and I will negotiate if this is a problem).

At this late stage, you would pretty much need to have a light-weight kit and rifle (.25/06 or better) already. We will spend some time in a hut but expect to march about three hours to a tent camp later, so cut-down toothbrushes will be the way to go. The chopper has limited weight capacity, too, so even gear taken to the hut will need to be light.

Glad to answer any questions here but PM me soon if you are really interested.

- Paul

*Revised calculation rather than progressive discount.

Edited by Paul (14/04/11 01:27 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3345

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com