Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Help with early Lee Speed Patent.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
kamilaroi
.400 member

Reged: 18/12/04
Loc: sydney, new south wales, Austr...
Re: Help with early Lee Speed Patent. [Re: NitroX]
      #174246 - 27/01/11 06:37 PM

It may be of use for future posters to electronically "watermark" photos to prevent IP issues.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sarg
.400 member

Reged: 20/01/07
Loc: Nil
Re: Help with early Lee Speed Patent. [Re: kamilaroi]
      #174251 - 27/01/11 07:34 PM

May not help for the unstable & insane , like our poster here !

Old_Glass
.300 member

Reged: 17/03/10
Loc: BC, Canada
      #174280 - 28/01/11 03:57 AM

Quote:

"Old_Glass" from Canada,

"Old_LeeSpeed" from Canada is currently in the Sinbin.

The terms and conditions are already clear on the matter as previously posted.

The website is free to members. The archive is for members' benefit. Reading the membership terms and conditions is something assumed all members would do when clicking "I agree". As for asking people individually before hand, we already have in the membership agreement.

As for "Old_Leespeed" from Canada, this user already has threatened or claims he is already spamming the two ISPs NE uses. He has threatened an administrator with putting up an assumably libellous web page.

NE takes a very strong attitude against spammers.

A rational response from "old_leespeed" would have been to politely ask the nature of the edits of the photos.

His rude language and behaviour towards Curl and also another member trying to help out, Sarg, show his nature however.

He is in the Sinbin at the moment, without posting rights. Any gentleman would know how to resolve such a situation.

Considering the timing of his forums comments and the hacking of the server was also on the same day or very close. Also the amount of time and resources spent restoring this site, means issues like attacks on NE (cron spamming threats, libel etc) might be met with a short fuse for a while.

NitroX from Australia, we're not just from Canada, we're from the same province of Canada!!

But I'm afraid I don't know anymore about Old LeeSpeed than you do, probably less. I just wanted to hear about his rifles.;-)

The subtext to your comments seems to be that I'm somehow "sticking up for" Old LeeSpeed because he's Canadian. I wish Canadians had that kind of "matey" culture, but we don't. Old leeSpee's fuze seems to be a bit shorter than some, but most of us have a good charge of powder.

Obviously I'm not privy to all that's gone on here, and I'm not defending anyone's intemperate comments.

If you have different info from the "Terms & Conditions of Use" than what I quoted, it would be good to clear that up.

The suggestion to posters to use watermarks is a good one.

Should be quite easy to find out who hacked the server.

You're right, a little "gentlemanliness" goes a long way.

Edited by Old_Glass (28/01/11 04:15 AM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Help with early Lee Speed Patent. [Re: Old_Glass]
      #174336 - 28/01/11 09:20 PM

Old_Glass

I have already posted the necessary paragraphs from the membership agreement. Anyone not happy with the simple membership agreement is free not to participate here.

Photos etc are archived on our server per our option per the terms and conditions. We also may use photographs and material elsewhere on the website, NE publications, etc. No different to ANY and virtually ALL photo hosting sites, facebook, etc. However unlike facebook and similar, we do not sell anything to media, news sites etc as they do. It is only used on this site etc.

Media has sometimes stolen material from NE in the past, eg one of our members had a photo from an elephant hunt stolen from our ezine pages and used on a mainstream media article to try to discredit him. He is a member of Parliament in Australia and when I asked him how he felt about it, he said the publicity was good for him. However it is very difficult to stop that sort of media activity, legal action being prohibitively expensive and takes too long anyway.

Another example was a website which directly linked the entire Nickudu Files collection without going through the forums pages. I think they were asked to edit this and they did.

Lets get back to constructive discussions and enjoying sharing information, photos etc as this site is meant to be.

As was posted in an earlier post, the members knowledge of Lee Speeds here is extensive and a great resource. Thank you to our knowledgeable members for sharing their experience and information.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Rowdy
.275 member

Reged: 12/09/04
Loc: Victoria. Australia
      #174638 - 01/02/11 09:41 PM

The internet can be a strange place - but one thing that I soon learnt is that there is always someone out there that has a bigger collection than you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Narrewarren/LeeSpeedriflesJ.jpg

jc5
.300 member

Reged: 10/10/07
Loc: West Coast, USA
Re: Help with early Lee Speed Patent. [Re: Rowdy]
      #174650 - 02/02/11 03:18 AM

What a nice collection!

Rowdy, are those yours?

--------------------
Researching Lee Speeds and all commercial Lee Enfields. If you have data to share or questions, please send me a PM.

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
      #174706 - 02/02/11 02:25 PM

Rowdy,

I'll bet real American money from a real American Bank in a real American town that someone has over 50 Lee Speeds in a collection.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #174708 - 02/02/11 02:52 PM

Quote:

The internet can be a strange place - but one thing that I soon learnt is that there is always someone out there that has a bigger collection than you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Narrewarren/LeeSpeedriflesJ.jpg

Rowdy

Can you tell us something about your rifles. For example what calibres they are in? Any thing else you might like to share? Thanks.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

tinker
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: Help with early Lee Speed Patent. [Re: mickey]
      #174716 - 02/02/11 03:49 PM

Mick

Quote:

Rowdy,

I'll bet real American money from a real American Bank in a real American town that someone has over 50 Lee Speeds in a collection.

Where's the sport in that bet?

Cheers
Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: Help with early Lee Speed Patent. [Re: tinker]
      #174788 - 04/02/11 01:21 AM

looks like evolution http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Narrewarren/LeeSpeedriflesJ.jpg

great collection btw

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Rowdy
.275 member

Reged: 12/09/04
Loc: Victoria. Australia
      #174998 - 06/02/11 09:13 PM

In reply - I started to collect rifles chambered for .303 many years ago and along the way developed an extra interest in Ross rifles and commercial BSA rifles.
These represent what I have accumulated so far just going to auctions and shows in Melbourne.
The top four are military pattern target rifles - Magazine Lee Metford - Charger loading Lee Metford and Enfield (Territorial Pattern) and an SMLE.
Followed by No. 1 and 2 pattern sporting rifles and a No. 4 pattern carbine.
The last two are No. 1 and 2 pattern carbines (for officers' use) - BSA did not get a contract to
produce the Cavalry carbine but decided to offer two slightly different carbines to the officer class who until the first world war were required to provide their own kit.
For a rifle to qualify it had to use the standard ammunition (.303) and to be sighted to 1000 yards.
Not common here in Australia - I have seen 3 No.1 and one 2 and no more for 20 years.

Edited by CptCurl (09/02/11 11:01 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 26738

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com