Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Some eye Candy

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Single Shots & Combination Guns

Pages: 1
Mike_Bailey
.400 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: GB
Some eye Candy
      #174322 - 28/01/11 06:03 PM

I was chatting with Steve Dodd Hughes in Montana last night about a couple of odds and ends on my Hagn and he promised to send me a couple of pics over of whats in his rack at the moment, I thought some of you might like a peek. In Steves´words,

(Left to right) Your Hagn .30-06, and original Winchester High Wall custom SDH in 7x65R, a Maurice Ottmar Mauser G33/40 in .30-06, a Francotte double .405 and my Percussion .45 cal bullet rifle. Corner of the workbench in first photo.

You can see some other stuff for sale on his website, a .505 Gibbs ready to go !!!
see http://finegunmaking.com/index.html

best
Mike

Edited by CptCurl (28/01/11 10:04 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SDH
.224 member

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: MT
Re: Some eye Candy [Re: Mike_Bailey]
      #174367 - 29/01/11 05:52 AM

Thanks much Mike, I guess I was a bit quicker on the draw, eh?
It's all that practice with my S&W's...
I'll have more .44 mag ammo next time you visit; hamburgers & fries at the Stockman?
Best,
Steve

--------------------
SDH
www.finegunmaking.com

baileybradshaw
.333 member

Reged: 21/06/08
Loc: Diana, TX
Re: Some eye Candy [Re: SDH]
      #174410 - 30/01/11 12:51 AM

Good stuff Steve,

Always enjoy reading your column in Shooting Sportsman and your books. Now your website too.

--------------------
www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

Mike_Bailey
.400 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: GB
Re: Some eye Candy [Re: baileybradshaw]
      #174414 - 30/01/11 03:51 AM

Bailey, a question, and it has bothered me for years, why is it some people can really use their hands, eyes etc to make beautiful stuff like you, SDH and others on this forum (I include car mechanics, painters etc) while people like me are unbelievably cack handed, I mean really useless ? yesterday my wife asked me to take a school photo out of a simple clip frame to photcopy it and I broke the glass putting the clips back on....toolwise, everything I touch goes pear shaped, why is this, is it genetic, my old man was as bad as me, my mum used to get the TV repairman in to change channels rather than let my old man near it On one memorable occasion (this is true) back in the sixties the TV started smoking, my old man bunged his scotch down the back to cool it !! You can imagine !!, I like old cars but never go near mine unless I have my mate with me, guess it is a gene thing but I would love to be good with my hands, best, Mike

baileybradshaw
.333 member

Reged: 21/06/08
Loc: Diana, TX
Re: Some eye Candy [Re: Mike_Bailey]
      #174422 - 30/01/11 09:58 AM

You Know Mike, in all seriousness it's just the way it is. You certainly have talents that I do not posess. I am 100% sure your sucess is due to a pretty rare quality.

I never would consider using scotch as a coolant on a smoking vacume tube TV set, but I know people who wouldn't think twice about it. (Thats pretty damn funny too)

I built and installed a gate to my driveway with a fairly simple latch. I had to show my wife and two of our kids how to use it...a couple of times....no mechanical skills at all, but wow, you should see her walk into a room, assess a problem and use whatever resource to get it solved. She gets things DONE. Mrs Logistics.

--------------------
www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

Edited by baileybradshaw (30/01/11 10:04 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Huvius 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4937

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com