Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Husqvarna 640 in 9.3x62

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
Hauptjäger
.275 member

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Hilo, Hawaii
Husqvarna 640 in 9.3x62
      #16928 - 20/07/04 08:16 AM

I have found a man selling a
In reply to:

Husqvarna 640 in 9.3x62, FN made commercial '98 action. Very good condition, excellent bore, nice blue. Not drilled and tapped (previously had a sidemount but holes were filled and wood patched). A previous owner added approximately 1/2 inch to the comb (a pretty good job, not obvious at first glance) and a recoil pad (still soft).

I do not know anything about Husqvarna quality, yet I understand that FN makes a great action. Is there anything I should know about this modle rifle, or things I should look for, special questions to ask? thanks for your help.

--------------------
To a point you can never have too much horsepower!

Hauptjager

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Will
.333 member

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Kansas
Re: Husqvarna 640 in 9.3x62 [Re: Hauptjäger]
      #16940 - 20/07/04 11:34 AM

I bought the first one, I think, that Peter B sold on AR. It turned out that he had re-chambered it from 9.3x57 to 9.3x62. I just decided I didn't need another rifle and just mailed it off today to another fellow for about 1/2 of what I paid for it.

The one I had had the bolt bend over but not really re-shaped for a scope to clear.

I don't know where all these old Husqvarnas are coming from, but somebody must be importing them into the US.

Whether they are a good deal or not just depends on what you are after. I bought a CZ in 9.3x62 not long ago, and is still the biggest bang for the buck, IMO.

If you just want the action, then there isn't much economics to consider. Just buy it.

But if you plan to make this into a hunting rifle and have to add a new stock, bottom metal, etc., etc., then everyone knows it costs about 20X what it is finally worth.

This is nothing against Peter B or his rifles, but I guess I am just not into building rifles for the sake of it as many are. I am sure it would be just fine for what it is.

Just my opinion FWIW!

--------------------

Once you have been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.

Hauptjäger
.275 member

Re: Husqvarna 640 in 9.3x62 [Re: Will]
      #16944 - 20/07/04 04:02 PM

Will
From the Pics I have seen the gun seems to barreled in 9.3x63. However it still has the “flip” safety and I am not sure about the bolt either. Here is the link to the page If you do not mind would you take a look and give me your thoughts?
640 add

The guy selling the gun, will trade for my Ljungman 42B I have however I getting “one of those feelings”. I am looking for a gun to take to Alaska in fall 2005, I’m not sure that I want to do a lot of custom work to get it up to seed.

--------------------

Hauptjager

Will
.333 member

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Kansas
      #16945 - 20/07/04 07:13 PM

Yeah, sorry, SamB not Peter B. Looks like the bolt handle has been fixed, or swepted back to begin with.

You should call him and ask. I have probably stated more than I know already.

I'm trying to make it a practice to talk to the seller before I buy over the internet. If they won't give me a phone number and discuss the gun, I ain't buying.

--------------------

Once you have been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.

Hauptjäger
.275 member

Re: Husqvarna 640 in 9.3x62 [Re: Will]
      #16958 - 21/07/04 01:54 AM

So Sam is the same guy you bought your from. I will try to get a phone number. Your point is well taken.

--------------------

Hauptjager

Yochanan
.375 member

Reged: 26/01/03
Loc: Volksdiktatur Schweden
      #17152 - 25/07/04 09:33 AM

Gentlemen

Quality of a Husqvarna 640? It's an FN action made in Belgium and the quality is very good compared to many other mausers. Does it have the thumb cut and stripper clip slot?

Here is a link about the rifles:
http://hem.bredband.net/b102212/m640.html

Cheers
/ JOHAN

--------------------
© "I have never been able to appreciate 'shock' as applied to killing big game. It seems to me that you cannot kill an elephant weighing six tons by ´shock´unless you advocate the use of a field gun." - W.D.M. Bell: Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter.

PP_skåne
.224 member

Reged: 12/07/04
Loc: Skåne- SWEDEN
      #17155 - 25/07/04 10:33 AM

Hello...

Husqvarna is a fine gun ,you dont have to be afraid to
bue it if the owner have been take good care off it.
I have shooting whit a lot of Husqvarna rifels,,the only thing whit the 640 in 9,3*62 ,that i have discovert
that i feel that the rifle kick´s harder from 640 gun´s then from another gun off a another brand in this caliber.
.PP.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5477

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com