Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Deer Stalking

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
Prev_Forum
.333 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Web
Deer Stalking
      #166 - 29/12/02 11:56 PM

From: Flintwood (Original Message) Sent: 6/21/2002 8:43 AM
HI all,
Dopes anybody know of or have any muntjac stalking available? Would be prepared to pay for good woodland muntjac stalking but would preferably like a 50/50 meat/money split with the landowner etc.

Also, I have a range of stalking highseats for sale if anybody is interested.

If anyone could help, please email flintwoodcountryside@hotmail.com

Thanks

Flintwood

First Previous 2-15 of 15 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

ok I give up??????

Sorry I'm a little off, but what exactly is muntjac and highseats?

moss

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Ok, I'll try to explain:
There are 6 species of deer in the UK, Red, Roe, Muntjac, Sika, Fallow and Chinese Water.
Muntjac or Muntjac Reversi (latin name) is the smallest species of deer in the uk.
For pictures of deer etc, have a look at www.flintwood.co.uk and then click on 'vermin control' from the menu and then click on 'deer' and there is a good picture of a Muntjac on there.

Highseats - stalkers use these to lean against trees to sit on and wait for deer etc.
new for 2002 I can supply them, take a look at www.flintwood.co.uk and then click on 'deer stalking highseats - new for 2002' and you'll see what I mean there.

Regards,

Flintwood

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Hey Mossy,
I agree with you!!Here in the dark continant we hunt like in the old days,either on foo or on foot or if you want to on foot.(sorry but it is the truth).

BIGFIVE

Recommend Delete Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Yep was thinking the same thing,we have ladders and climbers...I find it diffrent that deer is listed under vermin

Recommend Delete Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Flintwood

Sorry can't help you on the location of any muntjac stalking. I did see some advertisements on hunting them not so long ago in an English magazine but can't remember which or what the details were. I remember the price sounded reasonable (except for the airfare required from Oz of course!).

I would like to hear though on the techniques used for hunting muntjac. Also what sort of calibre is used - .243?

Post some details on your high seats. Are they the ladder with seat and shooting frames that is strapped to a tree or some other design?

Post some details and photos if you have them. Some one may be interested.

And if you do go on a hunt, tell us about it or submit a story with pictures to me and I'll see if I can publish it in the upcoming NitroExpress online magazines.

Do you also hunt roe deer?

Good luck

Nitro

Recommend Delete Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

(in answer to message 2)

Moss

a high seat is a hoch sitz. Simple.......

Hope that clears that up for you.

Muntjac are little deer that have their "antlers" (horn/teeth?) growing out of their top jaw downwards - a la Dracula. These protrude over the bottom lip. But I think they mainly eat grass and browse, except for the blood of lost New Yorkers in the wilds of England's forests.

Nitro

Recommend Delete Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Nitro!
Indeed, a .243 is the common calibre for deer here in the UK.
The higsteats and stalking equipment I sell can all be found on my website whcih I am still developing.
www.flintwood.co.uk the stalking and highseats are all on there now, and theres pricing and pictures there too.
Also, if you click on vermin control from the menu, and then click on deer, you can find some information about my professional deer management services and also a picture of a muntjac, along with the other 5 species in the UK.

At this moment in time, I am looking to go to africa to shoot crocodile, I was watching a programme on television today and it looks like just the job for me, shooting man-eating crocodiles!

I'm also going to be developing an online magazine for shooting in the UK very soon!
perhaps we can pool resources for the big game hunting section i'm planning.

cheers!

Matthew
flintwoodcountryside@hotmail.com

Recommend Delete Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Still find it funny they are under vermin

Recommend Delete Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Flintwood

There's sometimes good crocodile hunts going on in Mozambique. I saw a quite good deal being advertised for a crocodile cull in Mozambique about 3 months ago. They were talking about shooting quite a few crocs each. Don 't hold me to this number but I remember about 18 each was talked about. I can put you onto the agent who was advertising it if you want.

I probably would hunt a croc but I can't get the hide into Australia, so I would hunt other game I can't also get into Australia as well, before crocs.

I will have a look at your web site and will send you an email soon regarding the other stuff.

Good Muntjac Hunting

Nitro

Recommend Delete Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Nitro,

Thanks!
The programme I was watching on TV was called 'attack' and it was all about how the crocodiles attacked the villagers and the government hired 2 hunters to go and snare the crocodiles and shoot them...
Boy would I like to go out there and get payed to hunt crocs!

looking forward to your email!!
please be aware that my website, www.flintwood.co.uk is being made by myself and i'm v busy so i havent quite finished the clothing section yet, but it will all be finished very soon

cheers,

Matthew

Recommend Delete Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Flintwood

Emails on the way.

As mentioned one person to speak to is BigFive on this forum. He is a lincensed PH in South Africa and may be able to offer croc hunting, plus maybe some plains game as well. Sounds good to me! And if you look elsewhere he may be able to offer some constructive comments of things you and I would never think of, not having local knowledge.

Nitro

Recommend Delete Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Here's the advert I saw a few months ago on culling crocs in Mozambique. The original advert mentioned June this year, but it may be an annual thing. Very different.

Place: Mozambique
Time: June 2002
African Crocodile Expedition.

We have
150 crocs to cull in June. We can
take between 4 and 6 clients along,
and they can shoot as many crocs as
they want (up to 150 total). They
can each have a skin home at the
normal trophy fee ($1300). The rest of the
croc shooting is for free, you only
pay a day fee of $495 and Firearm Import permit of $90, hunting license is $100.
Total is $4955 excluding airfare and trophy shipping.

We plan a 7
hunting day trip. Starting at Tete in
eastern Moz and from there going down
by boat along the river each day and
stalking the crocs on the sandbanks.
In June it is colder and they like to
sun themselves on the sand. We will
also shoot from the boats. There will
also be some hippo available on quota
at the normal trophy fee. We plan to
end the trip at Caia.

Clients can fly in to Tete and out
from Quilemane. This type of old
traditional croc hunts are not to be
found much anymore and it is truely
an unique African experience.

I've invited the hunting consultant to comment on this forum, so any questions post them, and if they drop in they can answer directly.

Good Hunting

Nitro

Recommend Delete Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Nitro,
sounds like a very rare and very illusive hunting opportunity!
i'll have to see how much I can afford, but I was myabe thinking about shooting 1 or 2 crocs rather than all that many...
My pockets this year are very empty!
hehe!

thanks,

Matthew

Recommend Delete Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

lets see nitro,deer yote trip in oct deer pa and MD and wv in nov and hog hunting trip feb......much has i would like to don't have the dam time

--------------------
Message from previous message board

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1183

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com