Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Best place to be in the world

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Prev_Forum
.333 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Web
Best place to be in the world
      #165 - 29/12/02 11:54 PM

12H00 midday on my back on a sunny winters day next to a cold water stream after a long succesfull stalk of a 63 inch Kudu bull...........and yours?

First Previous 2-7 of 7 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Best place to be is setting on top of WALL MOUNTIAN with my feet hanging
over the edge of the cliff waiting for my nephew to help me drag my monster
bull elk out.
And then having a COLD beer after the work is done.

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

In the arms of my beautiful girlfriend having a smooch and a cuddle after a long hard days work, or better than that, creeping through a woodland ride on a summers evening with a .243 and an eye on roe deer.

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

I agree with flintwood,......in the arms of his beautiful girl friend!!

LOL
moss

Recommend Delete Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Hey Mossy I agree with you but is there a place for me to

Bigfive

Recommend Delete Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

How about in the arms of someone's beautiful girlfriend, in a bush or mountain camp with the sun shining, after a successful morning's hunt.

Places that I have been where I love to be right now- a Jager's hut near Fusen in the Bavarian Alps on the border with Austria; on a lagoon in Northern Australia in May to July during the dry season; a Zambezi camp; the highlands of Kenya.

In some of those mountain climes the cool air is shear sustenance. And the cool nights aren't bad either in front of the fireplace - see the first paragraph!

Recommend Delete Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

"How about in the arms of someone's beautiful girlfriend, in a bush or mountain camp with the sun shining, after a successful morning's hunt."

Just reading "The Wheel of Life" at the moment, by PH Bunny Allen. Allen was a PH in East Africa before and after WW2 and sure got around. In more ways than one. Lock up your girlfriends and wives when on safari. This man was incurable.

Seeing Dantri's earlier comment "Hey Mossy I agree with you but is there a place for me to" , you have to watch these PH's. My PH in 1994 once winked at my wife during a joke and then got very worried about it. A little worried about the PH "reputation". May be it had something to do with a previous Spanish client accidently shooting his hat off him from behind? I don't know?

I wonder how the nickname "Bunny" came about??

Among other things he was involved with the making of the movie "Mogambo" with Clark Gable, Ava Gardner and Grace Kelly.

Also saw a documentary on the aged "Bunny" who was then still living in Lamu off Mid-Northern Kenya. Very interesting and still a devil.

Will review the book and write something up on it when I've finished reading it.

Nitro

--------------------
Message from previous message board

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 66 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1796

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com