Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Question regarding J.P. Sauer and Otto Geyger

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
seroadglide
.275 member

Reged: 06/05/04
Loc: West Tenn., USA
Question regarding J.P. Sauer and Otto Geyger
      #16425 - 05/07/04 03:59 PM

Let me say that I am new to the world of doubles. I have a Chapuis in 9.3, and like it very much. I have a history of buying more than one of a firearm/firearm type if I like them. So....

I have been looking at various sites on the internet as the selection of doubles locally, especially of rifles, is limited. I have seen a rifle described as being built by Otto Geyger and several by J.P. Sauer. I was wondering about overall quality, durability, etc. with these makers.

I realize that individual fit (to my frame) will be judged per specimen; I am just hoping to find out about generalities(or specifics from your experience) and factors such as longevity, idiosyncracies, etc.

The pre-WW2 continental rifles seem to catch my eye.

Thank you for your input,
Douglas Mays

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NE450No2
.375 member

Reged: 10/01/03
Re: Question regarding J.P. Sauer and Otto Geyger [Re: seroadglide]
      #16430 - 05/07/04 11:41 PM

I too have a Chapuis in 9,3x74R and it is my favorite rifle under 40 cal. My wife has a Sauer 12x12x30-06 drilling, with a 4x Kahles scope in claw mounts, that she sometimes lets me borrow . I bought it for her to hunt with on our deer lease as she hunts on the river. She has taken deer,pigs,ducks, dove, quail, rabbits, squirrel, and grouse in Montana. I like it even better for wing shooting than my Browning Citori and would love to have one with a 9,3x74R bbl. We use this gun quite a bit and it shoots very good.

zimhunter
.333 member

Reged: 05/02/04
Loc: Southern Arizona
Re: Question regarding J.P. Sauer and Otto Geyger [Re: seroadglide]
      #16447 - 06/07/04 10:50 AM

I had an O.Geyger double in 8x60RS and liked it very much except for having to form cases from 9.3x74 brass. It shot into less than an inch consistently. Absolutely a BEST grade rifle in every sense. I removed the front claw base and had bases made for Leupold double dovetail rings. Was not quick removable as you had to take scope out of rings to remove but supremely accurate for a plains game rifle. Really hated parting with it. I also had a Chapius 9.3x74 that was really nice also. Sadly enough it's also gone but not forgotten.The Greener safety on the Geyger was particularly nice touch.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2038

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com