Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 303 bullets by BES Products in UK

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

Pages: 1
simonsaorsa
.300 member

Reged: 11/05/06
Loc: UK
303 bullets by BES Products in UK
      #163144 - 01/07/10 06:41 AM

Just read a very complimentary review by Nigel Greenaway of the bullets of BES Products in the UK. You can look it up in the July issue of Targetshooter - free webzine. 174 and 215 grain copper jacketed bullets are offered in 303 and apparently are used by Kynamco for their own 303 rounds. no website but email address is mseller208@aol.com or tel +44-1302-330726

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Re: 303 bullets by BES Products in UK [Re: simonsaorsa]
      #163478 - 06/07/10 03:19 PM

Simon,

Thanks for the heads up. Just read the article on Target Shooter. Looks interesting and I may need to look at these.

Good hunting!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Re: 303 bullets by BES Products in UK [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #163830 - 11/07/10 12:13 PM

Follow up - Malcolm Seller's very prompt and pleasant reply to my inquiry about their bullets:

Dear Mehul

The bullets are produced by BES Bullets. We only market in the UK but would send to the USA. We take dollar cheque's.

The 215 grain bullets are solids and reproduce the original .303 Mk 6 bullet. They are meant for target shooting.

They do break up readily, they have an outer jacket of copper, a hardened lead core, and whilst would suffice for small game I would not recommend them for anything which requires deep penetration.

The postal costs to the USA for lead are high and if you visit the UK or have relatives going over then the bullets are not regulated and you require no license to purchase them here and leave the UK with them.

Components such as cases and bullets which are solid are not regulated.

I do not know about USA import rules. I have sent some by post to a buyer in the US without difficulty the cost was about £7 per hundred sterling postage. We charge £17-50 per 50 for the bullets.

Regards

Malcolm Seller

Hope this helps anyone interested in buying them over here. I plan on ordering some.

Good hunting!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3218

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com