Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Westley .350 Magnum Droplock

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifle Photos & Archive

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Westley .350 Magnum Droplock
      #163252 - 03/07/10 01:43 AM

Westley Richards - London. A Best Quality .350 Magnum Droplock Ejector Double Rifle

A fine Westley double complimented with 26" shoe lump ejector barrels made from Sir Joseph Whitworth Fluid Steel, detachable gold gilded droplocks and internal forend parts, patented single selective trigger mechanism, removable drop plate, extra grade walnut treble grip butt stock with a 5/8" pigskin pad, bolted safety, compartmented grip cap, engraved quarter rib with matching front ramp sight with hooded feature, dolls head fastener with C bolting. Completed 1911 for Lord Charles Fitzmaurice.

Lord Charles George Francis Mercer Nairne Petty-Fitzmaurice MVO (12 February 1874 – 30 October 1914) was a British soldier and courtier.

He was the youngest son of the 5th Marquess of Lansdowne. He became a Major in the 1st King's Dragoon Guards and from 1899–90, he was an aide-de-camp to FM Frederick Roberts during the Boer War. On 20 January 1909, he married Lady Violet Murray-Kynymound (the youngest daughter of the 4th Earl of Minto) and they had two children:
(Mary) Margaret Elizabeth Petty-Fitzmaurice (1910–2003), married Lieutenant Colonel Ririd Myddleton. George John Charles Mercer Nairne Petty-Fitzmaurice (1912–1999)
From 1909 he was an equerry to the Prince of Wales (later George V) until he was killed in action in the First World War.

Edited by CptCurl (03/07/10 09:56 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DandyofPunjab
.300 member

Reged: 14/11/05
Loc: Punjab
Re: Westley .350 Magnum Droplock [Re: ]
      #163259 - 03/07/10 04:21 AM

Generalwar,

Congratulations once again.Its a very Impressive rifle,I love the wood and checkering looks superb!

The ex-owners father 5th Marquess of Lansdowne Henry Charles Keith Petty-Fitzmaurice served as Viceroy of India and there is a very beautiful town called Lansdowne in Garhwal Hills named after him, its on the edge of Jim Corbett national park with superb view of Himalayas...I look try and look around for some pictures.

Best,

Dandy

--------------------
Fear None, Frighten None

baileybradshaw
.333 member

Reged: 21/06/08
Loc: Diana, TX
Re: Westley .350 Magnum Droplock [Re: DandyofPunjab]
      #163264 - 03/07/10 05:59 AM

Be still my heart.

You have great taste in rifles my friend!

--------------------
www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

Watson577
.300 member

Reged: 05/03/09
Loc: Fredericksburg, Virginia USA
Re: Westley .350 Magnum Droplock [Re: baileybradshaw]
      #163268 - 03/07/10 06:27 AM

Generalwar,

Very nice rifle indeed! One of the things that I enjoy so much about these rifles is that their original owners can, in many cases, be researched to a point that will amaze most people. The Internet is making this easier and easier for us to do. Once you have a name, you can search London Gazette issues right back to 1665 and Google has scanned a tremendous number of older books that you can search and download copies of. It's a real shame that some makers won’t reveal this information. One fire and all of the records are lost forever…

Jim

Mike_Bailey
.400 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: GB
Re: Westley .350 Magnum Droplock [Re: Watson577]
      #163270 - 03/07/10 08:08 AM

General, you have superb taste lovely, rgds, Mike (p.s. how many doubles do you have at the moment ?!)

CptCurlAdministrator
.450 member

Reged: 01/05/04
Loc: Fincastle, Botetourt County, V...
Re: Westley .350 Magnum Droplock [Re: Mike_Bailey]
      #163300 - 03/07/10 10:00 PM

Beautiful rifle.

Lord Charles Fitzmaurice had some nice rifles. I used to own his .280 Flanged NE. I'll not hijack your thread, but if interested, here's a link and a teaser:

http://www.rbsiii.com/collection/rifles/C_Lancaster_280/C_Lancaster_280.htm

Small world!
Curl

--------------------
RoscoeStephenson.com

YOUR DOUBLE RIFLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Westley .350 Magnum Droplock [Re: CptCurl]
      #163372 - 05/07/10 12:21 AM

Gentlemen,
Thank you for the comments. I sold this piece last week, I'm trying to thin the heard. I posted images for the archive to benefit N.E. Enjoy.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6028

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com