Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mauser M03 Component Price List ($US)

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
taw1126
.333 member

Reged: 24/07/07
Loc: Texas
Mauser M03 Component Price List ($US)
      #163030 - 30/06/10 02:13 AM

All of the favorable comments about the M03 made me take a hard look at it. The couple of M03 owners I've talked to are enthusiastic and on-line reviews seem to be good (best long-term one I found is here: http://gunmart.net/gun_review/mauser_m_03_extreme_part_I/ ).

Right now there are several M03's selling for well below retail. But I wanted to know how much the extra pieces were going to cost, and got this list of prices from a U.S. retailer. Maybe they'll be useful for somebody else too:

Africa barrels = $2,391
Standard barrels = $1,033 in non magnum calibers
Standard barrels = $1,441 in magnum calibers
Match barrels = $1,444 in standard calibers
Match barrels = $1,852 in magnum calibers
Fluting is a $996 add-on

Bolt heads = $200
Magazines = $208
Double cases = $393 and the single is $348

Scope mount = $603 in any configuration

My opinion: this could be a downright affordable take-down/switch barrel set-up in the "standard" configuration, if you stay within a caliber family that lets you use the same magazine and bolt head. But if you started mixing & matching parent cases and wanted "Africa" barrels you're no better off than buying a more typical bolt action (the entire 9.3x62 barrel assembly for my Empire 98 cost less than one of the M03 Arfica barrels).

I really like the engineering on the scope mount, but the pricing is outrageous...I have several very, very good scopes that didn't cost that much.

In the end: I located and bought an M03, brand new/unfired/in the box, for $1,995. It's not in a caliber that I'm really interested in (300 WSM) but at that price I figured it was hard to go wrong.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
404bearslayer
.300 member

Reged: 28/04/09
Loc: Germany
Re: Mauser M03 Component Price List ($US) [Re: taw1126]
      #163048 - 30/06/10 07:56 AM

You might want to shop around a little more ... .

The mark-up relative to the prices that M03 parts fetch in Germany is downright insane. Here, an Africa barrels costs 1,239.- Euros, at the current exchange rate that makes US-$ 1500.- And that above cited retailer dares to charge $ 2,391.- ????

Here is a link to a European retailer to give you an idea what the prices really are. This is NOT a discounter, you can get M03 parts and rifles cheaper with other firms yet:

http://www.waffen-schrum.de/waffen-schrum/index.html?waffen/repetier/mauser.htm

taw1126
.333 member

Reged: 24/07/07
Loc: Texas
Re: Mauser M03 Component Price List ($US) [Re: 404bearslayer]
      #163056 - 30/06/10 10:36 AM

Well, I'll have to figure out if I can buy from overseas. Otherwise I'm pretty well stuck...per Mauser USA that retailer is the only guy selling to the Texas market, and those are the suggested retail prices. Folks from out-of-state can buy directly from Mauser USA (maybe at a lower price?) but they're based out of San Antonio and I'm sure they have some agreements to keep their retailers gainfully employed.

404bearslayer
.300 member

Reged: 28/04/09
Loc: Germany
Re: Mauser M03 Component Price List ($US) [Re: taw1126]
      #163060 - 30/06/10 11:30 AM

Understand the way the retail system is set up.

In the case of barrels I would suggest you look at places like egun. I just happened to run into a sale at www.egun.de in Germany, where a .458 Lott M03 Africa barrel (new) was offered for only 750 Euros. A lot of people here are selling /swapping M03 barrels at discounted prices because they are moving up or down caliber groups or are in a position similar to yours, where they bought the M03, but wanted to swap the barrel later on. EGUN caters only to Germans, but there should be something similar in the US. At any rate, African calibers can be had here cheaply, basically new, because many people who bought them don't like the recoil after all .

Other option: You seem not like the caliber you currently have. Was just at a German gun forum which was discussing the merits of the M03. Mauser Germany appears to exchange (new and like) barrels without charge - maybe Mauser USA does as well.

Edited by 404bearslayer (30/06/10 11:38 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6035

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com