Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Problems with a TC Contender

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
Shackleton
.300 member

Reged: 11/08/07
Loc: Iowa
Problems with a TC Contender
      #159194 - 19/04/10 11:01 AM

Having problems getting it zeroed. I have a 14" .44 magnum barrel with iron sights. Front sight does not appear to be filed, but even with the adjustment bottomed out I am hitting several inches high at 50-70 yards. Am I doing something wrong, or does TC offer taller front sights?(The only thing I can think of to fix the problem). I also have a 10" .22 hornet barrel that appears to have the same front sight, but I haven't done much to try and zero that one yet.

--------------------
"I do not kill with my gun, he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart."--Stephen King

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Reggie
.224 member

Reged: 02/03/10
Loc: Southeastern Louisiana, USA
Re: Problems with a TC Contender [Re: Shackleton]
      #178866 - 12/04/11 04:56 AM

A lot of variables here...

Are you certain that the fron sight was not filed? If you think that it has been altered, T/C does a good job in replacing sights (although the turn-around time can sometimes be long).

Are you shooting this from a rest? Is it a hard rest? Most all of my Contenders shot very high when the forearm or the barrel was rested on any hard surface.

Ammo is yet another variable. What ammo have you tried, so far?

Depending on you proclivities, you might want to consider scoping that 44. You cannot really appreciate what a 14" Contender in .44Mag can do a great distances (well over 150-yards).

If all the above fails to provide solutions, consider a new barrel. My last Contender was a scoped 10" in .41Mag; could easily get the 210gr. Hornady XTPs to 1700fps; shot amazingly flat and would put 5 rounds insided of 2" at 100yards! My all-time favorite Contender was a scoped 10" in .30 Herret - a real pain to make brass, but shot 125gr. Sierra SPFP into almost one hole at 100yards.

Good Luck -

Reggie

oldhoward
.224 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: texas,usa
Re: Problems with a TC Contender [Re: Reggie]
      #182535 - 26/05/11 06:16 AM

You didn't say what bullet weight you were using. I had that problem with 310 grain bullets. Try a lighter bullet.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2094

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com