Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Dan Pedersen to Introduce New Action

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Dan Pedersen to Introduce New Action
      #156304 - 13/03/10 01:36 AM

I have the following piece of information from my good friend and forum member Dr Ka'imiloa about a new action that will be launched shortly by Dan Pedersen, the legendary Arizona barrelmaker:

Mehul, Dan Pedersen of Classic Barrel and Gunworks in Prescott, AZ has told me the following: He has several times heard the rumors that he is now producing a Mauser type action like Fred Wells did, from scratch. He believes it all started from his recent table at the SCI show in Dallas, and stems from one of three or four things, likely as somebody walked by the table and saw actions displayed, then jumped to conclusions. First, Dan had one of Fred's actions on the table. Secondly, Rube Wells, Fred's son, shared Dan’s table and had an action there that he is developing that will likely be available in May or June, sold out of the Wells Sports Store - formerly Fred's shop. Third, Dan had a barreled action on the table that he made for a well known client that duplicates an original square-bridge Mauser action rifle by Rigby. Then lastly there was Dan's own new action on the table, an action that Dan mentions might be termed a "Remchester" because externally it fits any of the myriad Remington stocks and accoutrements, yet has the strong controlled-feed action of a Winchester. He is having this action made to his specs and it should be available in a couple of months as production details are ironed out. Of course he will be building custom rifles with his cut-rifled barrels on these actions. I should have more details and photos of Dan’s new action and custom rifle offering in a week or so. Aloha, Ka'imiloa

As Dan and Ka'imiloa are good friends, I have requested him to send me some pictures for posting here. I shall do this as soon as I get them.

Good hunting, everyone and do watch this space!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

Edited by mehulkamdar (13/03/10 01:46 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JabaliHunter
.400 member

Reged: 16/05/07
Loc: England
Re: Dan Pedersen to Introduce New Action [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #156310 - 13/03/10 02:33 AM

Quote:

Then lastly there was Dan's own new action on the table, an action that Dan mentions might be termed a "Remchester" because externally it fits any of the myriad Remington stocks and accoutrements, yet has the strong controlled-feed action of a Winchester. He is having this action made to his specs and it should be available in a couple of months as production details are ironed out.

Interesting....

TAP
.275 member

Reged: 25/01/10
Loc: Az, USA
Re: Dan Pedersen to Introduce New Action [Re: JabaliHunter]
      #156384 - 13/03/10 06:19 PM

The term "Remchester" is actually pretty close. Danny is one of the gunsmithing instructors at the college I am attending. His shop is also a place I frequent, if nothing more than to observe. I have learned quite a little from him. I have had the good fortune of seeing these actions first hand. Can't wait to see one in action( no pun intended ). If you have any trouble getting those pics, let me know and I will see what I can do as I will be down at his shop this coming week with spring break and all.

JabaliHunter
.400 member

Reged: 16/05/07
Loc: England
Re: Dan Pedersen to Introduce New Action [Re: TAP]
      #156420 - 14/03/10 06:15 AM

Does it use the long extractor claw or is it like the Ed Brown 704 and McMillan G30 CRF?

TAP
.275 member

Re: Dan Pedersen to Introduce New Action [Re: JabaliHunter]
      #156437 - 14/03/10 11:20 AM

It uses the long extractor claw. I talked to Danny today and he said they may have some pics by midweek or so.

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Re: Dan Pedersen to Introduce New Action - Pictures added [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #156969 - 20/03/10 09:13 AM

Ka'imiloa has just sent me the pictures of the rifles. Hope you enjoy them.

--------------------

Mehul Kamdar

Edited by CptCurl (11/09/10 04:38 AM)

mehulkamdar
.416 member

#156970 - 20/03/10 09:17 AM

TAP,

Please do post any of your experiences here - I do a cut and paste job from a distance. Ka'imiloa is a friend of Dan's and you are Dan's student. ou gentlemen would be able to post much more information than I ever would.

Good hunting!

--------------------

Mehul Kamdar

mehulkamdar
.416 member

#157397 - 25/03/10 08:05 AM

Ka'imiloa sent me some mroe information about these rifles:

1) Dan is NOT taking orders for his new rifles at this time. He will do so only when he has the finalized actions at hand. He will keep the names of those interested on a list, however. 2) He is not averse to exporting rifles, but it can be a significant hassle and expense, so he will have to look further into that issue. 3) The pictures attached show the particulars of his new rifle, and the options available - but this is a preliminary list of course. 4) In answer to inevitable questions, yes - once he has a dozen or more rifles out in the field so that others can try to find anything wrong with them that he himself could not find, and no problems are found, he will probably make these new actions available (five or more at a time, most likely) for private-label use by others

I have some preliminary information which he has scanned and sent me:

Good hunting!

--------------------

Mehul Kamdar

Edited by CptCurl (11/09/10 04:41 AM)

88MauSporter
.375 member

Reged: 06/06/07
Loc: Alaska / Texas
      #157427 - 25/03/10 04:31 PM

Dan has my 9.2x62 he putting on rechamberd from the 9.2x57 in a 1898 action Husqvarna 146. He is supposed to be installing the new classic Oberndorf style bolt handle and I should get it back. Can't wait.
He and Lone Star in Houston collaborate on projects and do a great job.

--------------------
"A hunter should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everthing goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." 88MauSporter

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Re: Dan Pedersen to Introduce New Action [Re: 88MauSporter]
      #157435 - 25/03/10 06:20 PM

G'Day Fella's,

Well Dan P has combined the best of both worlds with his C,B&G "Remchester" and I really like the look of it!
I'm an unabashed Remington model 600, 7, 700 series fan and I also like my traditional Mauser type rifles and this rifle, scratches both those itches!!!

Well done Dan!
Thank You Mehulkamdar!!!

HooRoo
From
Hommer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

TAP
.275 member

Re: Dan Pedersen to Introduce New Action [Re: Homer]
      #158163 - 03/04/10 05:54 PM

Mehul,
Sorry for the delay in response. I will gladly throw in my $.02, even if it is only worth half that:) Dan is an awesome guy who gives plenty. It would be an honor to help him out in anyway that I can.

NotSure177
.224 member

Reged: 24/07/09
Loc: Missouri
      #167252 - 05/09/10 01:10 PM

Does anyone know if the action Rube Wells had on display at the SCI show in Dallas is the action I'm looking for?

http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showflat....2850#Post167251

TAP
.275 member

Re: Dan Pedersen to Introduce New Action [Re: NotSure177]
      #167315 - 06/09/10 05:58 PM

Danny's and Rube's actions are different. Rube's action is a magnum mauser, while Danny's is a cross between a Remington and Winchester. Both of these actions are coming closer to being out on the market. Not sure if this answers your question or not.

NotSure177
.224 member

Reged: 24/07/09
Loc: Missouri
      #167383 - 08/09/10 02:36 AM

Does Rube's mauser action have a Mannlicher-Schönauer rotary magazine?

TAP
.275 member

Re: Dan Pedersen to Introduce New Action [Re: NotSure177]
      #168154 - 21/09/10 07:23 PM

Sorry for the delay in my response. Work and school are keeping me pretty busy. To answer your question, not that I am aware of. I will see if I can find any info from him about what you are looking for. He is heading out for Africa this weekend. Going for Buff. Will try to catch him before he leaves.

458Win
.333 member

Reged: 15/12/06
Loc: Alaska
      #169971 - 21/10/10 02:12 PM

I looked over one of Danny's actions very closely last year and, like all of his work, it is very well done and he is always looking for ways to improve it if anyone has good ideas or suggestions.

--------------------
Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either never used one - or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 12501

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com