Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: AFRICAN "MASTER HUNTERS" TRAINING COURSE

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
shakari
.400 member

Reged: 09/02/03
Loc: South Africa
AFRICAN "MASTER HUNTERS" TRAINING COURSE
      #1548 - 09/02/03 05:19 PM

Hi Folks
I'm just beginning to market a 7 day training course here in South Africa. It's based on the South African Professional Hunters training course syllabus and it takes place at one of the SA Pro Hunting training academies deep in the South African bushveld. You will learn lots about African bushcraft, field shooting and a ton of other things. You'll also have lots of laughter and learning and a large part of your time will be spent out in the bush rather than sitting around in classrooms.

We've taken out the boring stuff and replaced it with more pertinent and interesting content, its designed to be both a great deal of fun and interesting and informative. We also think it might be ideal for small groups of "hunting buddies" and father son/daughters etc.

There will also be the option of staying on afterwards to practice what you've learnt on a plains game hunt at the same lodge. Cost of the course is US$1250 per person and the hunting afterwards is available at a reduced rate of US$130 per person per day plus trophy fees. These prices include all food and soft drinks and collection from and drop off back to Johannesburg International Airport.

Scheduled dates are 1-9 April & 1-9 May. Both courses have limited vacancies. There will also be later dates set in due time.

Anyone interested should please contact me asap.

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
Kuduland Safaris (Africa) Ltd
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: AFRICAN "MASTER HUNTERS" TRAINING COURSE [Re: shakari]
      #1551 - 09/02/03 06:01 PM

Shakari

Thanks for posting information on your hunting course in Africa and welcome to the NitroExpress.com forums.

I think your courses are a great idea and I hope they are successful. Perhaps in a future year I would like to attend one myself as they sound informative and sound like fun.

Perhaps after the first one or both of the courses you could give us an update how they went, the demographics of the students attending etc.

Do you have a course syllabus yet, and the proposed program over the course eg Day 1 - afternoon - mammal species identification - theoretical Day 2 morning - plant, bird and insect species ID, Day 2 afternoon - trophy scoring and estimation - theory and practical on skull mounts - Day 3 - field trip on species ID, trophy judging and also practical tracking lessons etc.

Where will the courses be located and how many students (max'm) per course?

Sounds like a great idea.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

shakari
.400 member

Reged: 09/02/03
Loc: South Africa
Re: AFRICAN "MASTER HUNTERS" TRAINING COURSE [Re: NitroX]
      #1561 - 10/02/03 12:37 AM

Hi Nitro X

Thank you for both replies and the AHI gen. If it's not too late I'll be trying to get a booth there also one at Coffs Harbour. If you make it either show please come and say hi. That also goes for any other forum members.

The courses will take place at the Goss Estates PH Academy in Kwa-Zulu Natal.... which has the reputation of being the hardest of the academies to qualify with. The owner (Ian Goss) was until recently president of PHASA (the Pro Hunters assoc of SA)

The first course (1-9 April) now has 2 vacancies left and the second (1-9 May) has (I believe 3 vacancies) There will be a maximum of 8 students per course. The 2 main instructors will be Ian Goss and myself. Then we bring in other people for "speciality subjects" like tropical medicine etc.

Whilst we do now have the syllabus completed, it is far too long to post here, but if anyone would like to see a copy I'll be glad to postone to them. All I need is their postal address. Yours is already on it's way to you!

The lodge is very comfortable and the course is a whole lot of fun. The whole area has great game herds and is especially well known for really great kudu, nyala and red duiker. If anyone wants to stay on afterwards for a plains game hunt the daily rate is US130 per hunter..... and boy, did I have to twist Ians arm to get it that cheap!!!

Cheers

--------------------
Steve "Shakari" Robinson
Kuduland Safaris (Africa) Ltd
info@kuduland.com
www.kuduland.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2067

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com