Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: marked price and mausers

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
rigbymauser
.400 member

Reged: 15/05/05
Loc: Denmark
marked price and mausers
      #152677 - 03/02/10 08:44 AM

I donīt know, but a gun like that here in denmark could be found for no more than US$4-500.
Itīs nice looking gun indeed, but I just think its way too much. I understand ofcouse, that these old Mausers do present more "value" in the US, but isn`t that price a little optimistic, even in the USofA??.
just wondering

http://www.gunsinternational.com/German-Mauser-7-x-57.cfm?gun_id=100112170

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AkMike
.416 member

Reged: 19/11/05
Loc: Anchorage, Alaska
Re: marked price and mausers [Re: rigbymauser]
      #152680 - 03/02/10 09:13 AM

There seems to be a big difference between the asking price and what it will sell for even here.

--------------------
"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand

John303
.300 member

Reged: 16/11/06
Loc: Canada
Re: marked price and mausers [Re: AkMike]
      #152685 - 03/02/10 10:15 AM

Rm; I Would say you are close to the value of the gun, would like to know why the seller thinks it's "so special" - name / what? Last year I bought one very similiar with more engraving, made in Suhl. The only problem with it was some one removed the rear trigger. I paid less than $400.00 Cdn. FWIW --- John303

pjaln
.375 member

Reged: 08/06/06
Loc: massachusetts ,U.S.A.
Re: marked price and mausers [Re: John303]
      #152690 - 03/02/10 11:58 AM

these guns ar nice handling and are good bargains at 4-600$ usd ,,beyond that it would have to be really special as this one is a typical small ring danzig,or cigarette mauser,,they are tough to pass up when priced right,,one of the buyers at cabelas screwed up i ftheyb are looking for 2400 they probably paid 1500$....paul

taw1126
.333 member

Reged: 24/07/07
Loc: Texas
Re: marked price and mausers [Re: pjaln]
      #152828 - 04/02/10 03:18 PM

Quote:

one of the buyers at cabelas screwed up i ftheyb are looking for 2400 they probably paid 1500$....paul

Probably more. I've dealt with them on a few Winchester transactions (buying & selling) and they got lazy when the economy was good. My prediction 3 - 4 years ago was that they'd completely screw up the Winchester collecting field, which had always been a cash & carry hobby, by allowing people to pay for rare firearms with credit cards (combined with the way most people abuse credit cards, it allowed them to sell guns for more than they were worth, and therefore to pay premium-plus when they were buying).

I can point out a couple of Winchesters they're trying very hard to sell for only what they have in them, and still can't move them two years after they bought them. One in particular was bought by a friend of mine for $12.5k, sold to Cabela's the next week for $15k, and offered for sale on their website for $26k. Needless to say, this is one they've had for long, long time and they'd gladly take $15k for it right now...but they're suffering from the over-inflated gun prices that they had a big hand in creating.

Riflemanusmc
.224 member

Reged: 04/01/09
Loc: Montana
Re: marked price and mausers [Re: taw1126]
      #152905 - 05/02/10 01:27 PM

We are going to St.Louis in March. I'll go by and have a better look at that one. I'll keep you Gents posted.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2546

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com