Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Colt SAA Being Restored by Ka'imiloa

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
Colt SAA Being Restored by Ka'imiloa
      #150693 - 15/01/10 06:50 AM

Member and friend Ka'imiloa is restoring a a Colt Single Action Army and he has sent pictures to me From Ka'imiloa's e-mail:

Quote [I use the typical "old-fashioned" 1.5X or 2X head loupe and am doing more or less the older style of Colt engraving (this particular one fancier than most tho). I try to do some minor but recurring theme on each gun, and in this case it was the wing-like theme that you see prominently on both sides of the barrel, but also here and there elsewhere. The hammer, gate, and frame are annealed first to facilitate the more delicate engraving - particularly useful on the hard hammer and gate. After engraving and final polishing, these three parts are then color-case hardened to restore their hard surface. The rest is rust-blued. I did the metal work, restoration and engraving on the gun and a friend and colleague, Russ Gent, did the coloring. Right now I am restoring a missing chip on the rear of one grip, using delicately shaped, matching pearl shell.] End Quote.

Ka'imiloa will be showing this revolver and other work at FEGA, NMLRA etc. Happy viewing!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1492

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com