Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: A well armed man.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
bonanza
.400 member

Reged: 17/05/04
Loc: South Carolina
A well armed man.
      #149332 - 03/01/10 02:26 AM

This new chick I'm dating thinks its sexy that I have gun (glock 21) beside my bed.

--------------------

"Speak Precisely" G. Gordon Liddy.

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"I''m the dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

"Yo! Mr. White"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
9.3x57
.450 member

Reged: 22/04/07
Loc: United States
Re: A well armed man...and woman... [Re: bonanza]
      #149333 - 03/01/10 02:30 AM

I think it's sexy my wife of 24 years has a Smith 640 beside ours.

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

bonanza
.400 member

Re: A well armed man...and woman... [Re: 9.3x57]
      #149336 - 03/01/10 02:48 AM

Sweet!

--------------------

"Life is absurd, chaotic and we must define its purpose with our actions" Abert Camus

"Yo! Mr. White"

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: A well armed man. [Re: bonanza]
      #149338 - 03/01/10 03:45 AM

Quote:

This new chick I'm dating thinks its sexy that I have gun (glock 21) beside my bed.

That's great...I have one there as well (H&K 45)--but perhaps I will go home and put out more around the room for bait...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: A well armed man. [Re: Ripp]
      #149341 - 03/01/10 04:22 AM

Hmmm - not allowed here - but I do have a 30" blade handy.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

JabaliHunter
.400 member

Reged: 16/05/07
Loc: England
Re: A well armed man. [Re: DarylS]
      #149346 - 03/01/10 05:35 AM

They frown on baiting here too!
And Handguns

Edited by JabaliHunter (03/01/10 08:58 AM)

Metalguy
.300 member

Reged: 25/10/09
Loc: Northern WY
      #149349 - 03/01/10 06:55 AM

I got the good ole 1911 in my nightstand with 8 rounds of nasty little hollow points

bonanza
.400 member

Re: A well armed man. [Re: Metalguy]
      #149351 - 03/01/10 08:28 AM

Let's face it. Most women and wimps are terrified of hands guns. When a woman see a man exhibiting his mastery of a hand gun, it makes them wet. Especially in the defense of the home.

--------------------

"Yo! Mr. White"

Ripp
.577 member

#149383 - 03/01/10 04:28 PM

Quote:

When a woman see a man exhibiting his mastery of a hand gun, it makes them wet. Especially in the defense of the home.

Just what exactly are you doing with that handgun??

Ripp

--------------------

iqbal
resigned as a member

Reged: 05/02/03
Loc: Karachi,Pakistan
      #149389 - 03/01/10 07:43 PM

My wife frowns on my keeping a handgun by the bedside. A CZ 999 in 9mm.

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Re: A well armed man. [Re: iqbal]
      #150494 - 13/01/10 11:09 AM

G'Day Fella's,

Iqbal, your wife will until the day/night that you put it to good use on an intruder!
Once her hearing recovers, I hope she thanks you for the fore thought of having the CZ by the bed.

Just remember to Identify you Target!
You don't want to spill any of your Families Blood!!!

Whilst it was good that Australia won (from my perspective),the recent three Cricket, Test matches against Pakistan, I have to say that it was really good to see Pakistan bore it up Ponting's Chargers!
Yes, I'm an Australian but I'm No Fan of Ricky Ponting!
The Pakistan Team Members are very talented Cricketers!!!

The future is Looking Great!

HooRoo
From
Hommer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

buckeyeshooter
.275 member

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: ohio, USA
Re: A well armed man. [Re: Homer]
      #151440 - 22/01/10 02:32 PM

colt 45 autoloader by mine.

Empire375
.300 member

Reged: 18/08/09
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: A well armed man. [Re: buckeyeshooter]
      #151444 - 22/01/10 03:19 PM

My wife has a substantial temper. Ask me how I know.
I dont need a gun beside my bed. I could just wake her up and hide in the cupboard while she sorts things out herself.

iqbal
resigned as a member

Reged: 05/02/03
Loc: Karachi,Pakistan
Re: A well armed man. [Re: Homer]
      #151501 - 23/01/10 02:22 AM

Thanks Hommer.Right now you are the only one who has any praise for the Pakistani team.People here are cursing the hell out of them especially after handing the second test to the Aussies on a silver platter.

450_366
.400 member

Reged: 17/01/07
Loc: Sweden, west-coast.
Re: A well armed man. [Re: Empire375]
      #151504 - 23/01/10 02:55 AM

Quote:

My wife has a substantial temper. Ask me how I know.
I dont need a gun beside my bed. I could just wake her up and hide in the cupboard while she sorts things out herself.

If i had a handgun at arms reach from bed, it would take my 2 year son 10minutes to find it and get a shot off, my 4 year old doughter would probably need another 5m.

--------------------
Andreas

"Yeas it kicks like a mule he said, but always remember that its much worse standing on the other end"

500grains
.416 member

Reged: 16/02/04
Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Re: A well armed man. [Re: 450_366]
      #151519 - 23/01/10 05:05 AM

Quote:

would take my 2 year son 10minutes to find it and get a shot off, my 4 year old doughter would probably need another 5m.

Your kids just need training. My kids know where all the loaded guns are and they know they can handle them at any time if they just ask. That takes the curiosity out of it and they leave the guns alone.

450_366
.400 member

Re: A well armed man. [Re: 500grains]
      #151521 - 23/01/10 05:22 AM

Didnt work with me when i was a cid, cant take the chance it skipped a generation. But you are right, its the best way to handle all the dangerous things is as you discribe, but then again cids have friends.

--------------------
Andreas

"Yeas it kicks like a mule he said, but always remember that its much worse standing on the other end"

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
      #151549 - 23/01/10 08:50 AM

G'Day Fella's,

Iqbal, I watched the One Day International (ODI) game, last night.
Again, Australia was lucky to win!

I believe the Pakistan team is still a little bit young and not used to the World Wide exposure.
But I believe in time, they will give the rest of the cricketing world Stick (Pun Intended), when they get more and more exposure to other First Class opposition!

They have the talent, they just need the confidence and this comes from experience!!!

Looking forward to the next ODI!

Also, remind me to steer clear of Empire 375's Wife!!!

HooRoo
From
Hommer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

MacNaughton360
.275 member

Reged: 10/12/07
Loc: Indiana, USA
Re: A well armed man. [Re: buckeyeshooter]
      #151601 - 24/01/10 02:11 AM

Glock 23 by mine. It once belonged to a detective, and has Meprolight sights (Not my favorite daytime sights). It now also has a Crimson Trace Laser as well.

Ripp
.577 member

#151606 - 24/01/10 04:08 AM

Quote:

Didnt work with me when i was a cid, cant take the chance it skipped a generation. But you are right, its the best way to handle all the dangerous things is as you discribe, but then again cids have friends.

It DID with me and my brothers and sisters. Furthermore, I had 5 boys in my house---a gun was always loaded in my home--they had friends over all the time..no issues what so ever...it starts with proper parenting and teaching... the kids, children, etc have to understand no means NO..period.

Furthermore handguns are NOT the big bad boogy man the corrupt goverments of this world would like for their subjects to believe they are..

Ripp

--------------------

450_366
.400 member

#151611 - 24/01/10 04:30 AM

Good to hear it worked, and for the record my father teached me good but do you really trust your kids that much? just that you never did anything as a kid wont mean they wont either. And for the record my father still to day dont know anything.

Now we are not allowed to keep our guns anywere then in a safe IF we are not at home, so if i did keep it by the bed i would carry it with me as soon as i got out of bed. But then we are only allowed to carry it on person if we were on the way to or from a range, so if i wanted to keep a handgun next to my bed it would be in a drawer in my closet, this would hypothatical mean i needed 20-30sek to wake up and walk 4 meters open the drawer and be ready.

My two dogs will esally give me 30sek even if the doors are kept unlocked.

Hanguns or rifles are the same in my eyes, and sadly in my goverments also.

--------------------
Andreas

9.3x57
.450 member

#151613 - 24/01/10 04:47 AM

I have no problem with a fellow that keeps his guns locked up.

As for us, we consider a gun to be worthless unless it is loaded. So they are, in the safe and out.

My kids were raised around them, and literally anytime they wanted to look at one or shoot it, I let them.

They were shown the effect of a gunshot and told that once the bullet leaves the barrel it ain't coming back. Various objects proved the devastation a gun causes and to be honest, I was so graphic in my demonstrations that I'm a bit surprised they are interested in them at all.

Guns never worried me too much.

Because they were raised around ram stock, bolo knives, swathers, herbicides, LP gas torches, drill presses, haystacks, horses {mean and nice, made no difference}, manure forks, toasters, cattle, kitchen knives {left strewn about like most everybody does...}, hair dryers, steep slopes, medicine and each other.

Most of the folks that fear guns don't spend too much time really evaluating the safety of their own homes. Home life is dangerous!!

We each have our tolerances I guess. I'll never forget the total mortification I felt in "safe" Denmark when for Christmas the folks I stayed with lit real candles that were hanging on their Christmas tree. Talk about "Nuts" I thought...

--------------------
What are the Rosary, the Cross or the Crucifix other than tools to help maintain the fortress of our faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God?

Ripp
.577 member

#151614 - 24/01/10 04:48 AM

Quote:

Good to hear it worked, and for the record my father teached me good but do you really trust your kids that much?
Hanguns or rifles are the same in my eyes, and sadly in my goverments also.

+++++++++++

YES, I really do/did. My kids are all gone now, but there was always a loaded gun in the house without incidence.

I grew up on a farm with many more dangerous items around than a gun...like cutting hay with a $80,000 tractor and a double $30,000 cutter behind with 2 moving blades--driving around fields at 10 years old. My father trusted me with that as well...he also trusted me to pick bales all summer long and have them in the yard by fall to feel our cattle. He trusted that I would get up at 4:30 AM and milk 40 dairy cows..go eat breakfast and work in the fields until 5 PM --drive home, milk the cows again, head back out to the fields until dark..

My point is, it was a different world then..or was it?? Or, perhaps the difference is how we are teaching our kids in today's world. Now there are some places, by law, you are not allowed to discipline your child..really??? the government now tells you how to raise your family??

As to the difference between a handgun or rifle..unfortunately, in many governments the handgun has a much more aggressive stance against them by law than a rifle..which is terribly misguided and more "feel good" legislation without any scientific facts to back it up..don't forget, the last thing you want to do is confuse a liberal with facts..that really pisses them off..

Ripp

--------------------

Ripp
.577 member

Re: A well armed man. [Re: 9.3x57]
      #151615 - 24/01/10 04:52 AM

Quote:

Because they were raised around ram stock, bolo knives, swathers, herbicides, LP gas torches, drill presses, haystacks, bolo knives, horses {mean and nice, made no difference}, manure forks, toasters, cattle, kitchen knives {left strewn about like most everybody does...}, hair dryers, steep slopes, medicine and each other.

Rather ironic you were typing this about the same time I was ..

Great minds...or at least life experiences...

Ripp

--------------------

9.3x57
.450 member

#151620 - 24/01/10 05:44 AM

RIPP:

You are right.

Kids are not morons, unless we teach them to be. And our culture is doing its level best to eradicate the last vestiges of common sense from every living soul it influences. ALWAYS if somebody gets hurt, it is somebody else's fault.

I confess, we did keep guns away from the kids till they could walk, use eating utensils and understand English.

Were there injuries?

Of course.

My son and a friend when little guys were told to bring in the horses, which they did. Horses being the obstinate creatures they are at times, they saw the boys coming and made for the far end of the pasture. Boys being the equally obstinate creatures they are, decided to make the horses pay by carrying them back. No halters, just lead ropes, they mounted up and hell for leather went for the gate. No control at a gallop, they did well till the pair started to pull up at the sight of the gate. Friend went off first around the neck and under, the horse taking the kid's teeth with her shod feet on the way over. My son left his mare when she tried to clear the whole mess steeplechase-style. He was uninjured. Must have landed on his head.

My wife once dropped a bolo knife of mine and opened her leg to the bone. Thing was so sharp she never felt it until she looked down fearful she broke the handle of the knife on the concrete floor {she did}.

God didn't bless me with with gal-attracting dimples, but Rosie did, that is, one at least. She was a foal of ours that permanently added a cute little divit to my face with the application of one of her hind hooves. My gal loves it!

My daughter at diaper-sporting age climbed the washer and jimmied the lock on the medicine cabinet and downed a half bottle of some nasty meds once, too, and spent the night getting her stomach pumped for it. So much for locks.

And same tike at a friend's house crawled out of her car seat and though she couldn't reach the pedals somehow got the pickup in gear and headed for the river, it hanging up on a stump our neighbor's wife had been hounding him for a year to remove! Thanks God for procrastination!

My son was bit by a guard dog. The dog paid by becoming the testing media for a cylinderfull of Lyman cast 454190 .45 Colt bullets, adding yet more proof to the addage that there is no such thing as stopping power when it comes to non-expanding pistol bullets. Dropped at round 6.

But ya'know what?

None of my kids ever shot anybody, and they didn't drop the hairdryer into their bath water, either. They never shoved a butterknife into the toaster, and they never put their hands on the business end of a running chainsaw and they never shoved a pencil into a dog's ear and they never pushed their faces into a pot of boiling water, either.

They must be brilliant, extraordinary people and lucky, too!

Frankly, I wish I'd applied the gun safety training to medicine cabinets and gear boxes. We live and learn. Every bolo knife I make now has a lanyard for retaining it in the scabbard.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 17910

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com