Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: worst hunting trip ever

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in the Americas

Pages: 1
Prev_Forum
.333 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Web
worst hunting trip ever
      #147 - 29/12/02 11:28 PM

From: Bigfive (Original Message) Sent: 5/22/2002 10:14 PM
Com'on guys out with the slip-ups.Tell us of your worst hunting experiances.Missed,wounded,frose or had bad accomodation or anything that cut on the pleasure.Maybe a flat wheel.
Mine was on a Blesbuck hunt in our Orange Free State Province.I took a long shot at ram that I should have left alone.I miss judged my distance and shot over it.Then when the herd ran off there lay a young lamb of about 3-4 months old with a spine shot in the lower back..I felt so bad that I killed it,payed for it and gave it to the farm workers,packed up my stuff and went home.It was a bad bad bad thing to experiance.But I guess that the best of us ain't perfect and we all make mistakes.As long as we can better on them the next time and take responsibility for our actions.

The non perfect hunter
Bigfive

First Previous 2-4 of 4 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

I posted mine buds,the chicken crap story and it was true,second worse one was when a rabbit chewed my hand....hmmm maybe i should post that story...or the time i liad my finger open to the bone gutting a deer

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Hello from Montana. The worst hunting trip I ever had was when I wounded a
huge 4 point mule deer he was a record book buck for sure. I shot at about
200 yds. Not much for a 7mm magnum, knocked him down and watched him roll
down the hill side until he came to a rest on a old skid trail when he
stopped rolling he was up and running. got one quick shot but missed, track
him for 8 solid hrs. never saw him again. I still have dreams about him.
makes me sick. This is the only animal I have ever lost.

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Mine was once when hunting with a friend who on the walk in told me that he had never killed a deer. Well I have a few super hot spots that I usally keep to myself, so I decided to set him up on this wounderfull runway. The plan was he would stay on the runway and I'd go over the top of the mountain and still hunt back to him. Now I knew the deer were in there and once they got started on the runway they always would follow it around the mt. It was a perfect setup.
Anyway I made my way across the top and worked down the ledges to the start of the runway. As soon as I hit the level of the runway I see a deer run off the backside. Well I had come out a little short and was kicking myself for doing so when I see another deer step out on to the runway right in front of me. It looked like a spike horn at first , but the more I watched it the more I figured it was a doe, within a minute, up comes another smaller deer which convinced me I was looking at two does. Does are illeagel to shoot in my zone so I figured I'd push them right over my buddy. I gave um a big holler and waved my arm and sure enough down the runway they screamed heading right at my buddy. Only problem was when the does took off I heard a crack to my left and looked only to see three huge record class bucks going off the ledge side by side like a team off horses. They had been standing there the whole time and I never saw them until it was two late.
I had no hope of heading after them as my buddy was still sitting on watch. I picked up the two does and drove them right to my bud and the retard flattened them both.
( here your only allowed one per season!!) Both turned out to be bucks. The bigger one, the one I saw first was a 170lb spike with 9 inch spikes and I guess 9 inch ears as he hid his horns well.
I still think of those three big boys, If I had just taken a look around before giving a holler I would of nailed one of them for sure!!

It still was a great day and I don't think I ever had a bad hunt...even on those days when some other dang hunter stepped in and nailed the deer I been working for half the day!! LOL
moss

--------------------
Message from previous message board

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1304

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com